Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The new SLIM Prelit is finally decorated!

This past weekend I finally got around to decorating our new prelit SLIM Christmas tree
 
It works so much better in our itty bitty living room.
(Notice Baby's tail and feet at the end of the sofa).
 
This side-by-side new tree/old tree comparison shows how much more floorspace we gained by using a slim tree. We've always had to use a tiny end table at Christmastime. Last year it was practically shoved into the tree. But as you can see from the top photo, I was able to remove the small table and go back to our larger everyday end table without everything looking cramped.
 
The only downside of this new SLIM tree is that I only had room for about half of the ornaments I normally hang!
 
I love having nothing but the tree lit at night. It is definitely the star of the room.
(Photo altered with mega-contrast)
 
This was the first year I decorated the tree alone as the girls' schedules kept them from being able to come home to help.
 
I did, however, have a helper overseeing the whole decorating process.
(No big surprise for anyone who reads my blog, I'm sure!)
 
Our very social Baby girl always wants to be where the action is.
 
So Baby kept me entertained with her antics while I trimmed the tree. She rather enjoys the rearranged living room. The sofa has now become her favorite spot in the house.
 
She also loved checking out the pillow I'd just placed on the wing chair for the Christmas season. Our 25 year old sofa and wing chair are threadbare. I have a white slipcover over the sofa, and something is always thrown over the wing chair to make it presentable (most often a vintage chenille spread). I thought the pale robins egg blue would look nice for Christmas.
 
I didn't do too much decorating other than the tree this year, but the few additional things I did put around, I'll share in a future post.
 
Please stop by her blog to share something you've tweaked.
 
Have a good week, everyone,
 
Donna
 

6 comments:

Barb said...

Your home looks beautiful! I agree, the size of the slim tree is perfect. Love the cat!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I really like your new slim tree! Your home is so pretty and I love your kitty!! They do love to help don't they!

hugs, Linda

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Lovely lovely tree and Baby is so adorable !

Melissa said...

I got rid of my slim tree this year and went back to a normal sized tree, exactly for the reason you stated...most of my ornaments didn't fit and that didn't make me very happy. However, I must say that you've done an excellent job of decorating yours and it looks much nicer than mine ever did.

Debra@CommonGround said...

your tree looks beautiful, and your living room is warm and cozy. nothing like a kitty to make the Christmas Season extra special!!

Sunny Simple Life said...

Your tree is lovely. I love all the new sizes available. My friend uses three very skinny ones in staggered heights. Merry Christmas and that kitty is just darling. We have one with that same furry coat and he is just the most loveable boy.