Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pahk the cah in Hahvuhd Yahd...

A quick trip into the city yesterday... 

... found me parked in Harvard Square outside one of Harvard's 
exquisite iron gates and gorgeous old buildings 
while Amanda ran a few quick errands.

I absolutely love this city.

Meanwhile, back at home, the bluebirds have returned.

It's hard to resist a plentiful supply of mealworms, suet, seed, and fresh water...

 once the weather turns cold.

This poor little guy is waiting patiently for Mr. Bluebird to finish with his suet.

I cannot believe the year is almost over. My mother used to say, 
the older you get, the quicker time flies. How true. 

Hoping you are all warm and cozy as this year comes to a close...

Donna

9 comments:

NanaDiana said...

It is all just gorgeous, Donna. That was a great place to park.


I love your bluebirds - we do not get them here.

Hope you are having a wonderful pre-Christmas week. xo Diana

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Donna,
What a beautiful iron gate! And sweet little bluebird. You should see my Rosalyn Heights Home Tour post, in it I showed lots of bluebird decorated Christmas trees.
Happy Sunday!
Gina

Claudia said...

Just down the street from my former apartment, Donna!

xo
Claudia

Ellen, the Bluestocking Belle said...

I've seen bluebirds out and about in my backyard, too! They are my favorite bird.

Edith DUTERTRE said...

hello
comme j'aime tous ces petits
oiseaux gourmands
on les voit de notre fenêtre aussi
mais ils ont moins de couleurs
nous avons beaucoup de " Pic vert et des Géais
je vous souhaite un très
JOYEUX NOËL
tendresse
edith (iris) France

Elaine said...

Wait, what did you do in Cambridge? I am going to see the Christmas Revels Friday afternoon and of course a stop for hot chocolate at Burdick's!

Merry Christmas Donna!

Susan said...

Hi Donna! Love your birdies.

This year I have a heating unit in the bird bath. Love it! My birdies are coming at long last. However, neighborhood cats creep in from time to time and I'll bet they scare the birdies.

Hope your Christmas is WONDERFUL! Susan

Unknown said...

A belated Merry Christmas to you Donna. Christmas has put me behind in my reading so I am playing catch up today. Love your little birds and I'm glad you're not blanketed in snow.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

So glad to see your bluebird family is back! And no wonder ; they were treated like royalty there last year! :)