Monday, October 30, 2017

All Hallows' Eve...

We are ready for all the little goblins, witches, and ghosts that will be stopping by for treats tomorrow night!

Image may contain: 2 people
Most of the Halloween decorations in the yard have been around since our own girls were little trick-or-treaters themselves! I love this 1990 photo of them dressed as little Dutch girls!

 But back to the yard decorations. There's old Mr. Jack-O-Lantern, the windsock...

...and his friend, Mr. Ghost, also a windsock.

Witchy-Poo is a more recent addition. She's probably been making an appearance for the past 6-8 years or so. She likes to hang out on the backyard gate.

Mr. Scarecrow has definitely seen better days. He's very faded and his coat is quite tattered.

But I love him just the same so he's not going anywhere.

No automatic alt text available.
The old black cat & pumpkin flag is still blowing in the wind.

And although it's not a Halloween decoration, I found this adorable red birdhouse in a local thrift store and couldn't resist it!

The backyard doesn't get decorated too much other than pumpkins in the flower boxes on the shed.

I had to trim back the sweet potato vine to make room for the pumpkins. It grows like crazy!

I'll be back in a day or two to post about the giveaway for this awesome pair of hand-shaped earrings designed by my daughter Amanda, one of only 50 'limited edition' pairs that were created!

No automatic alt text available.

Wishing you all a safe and Happy Halloween!
See you in a day or two!

Donna

8 comments:

Henny Penny said...

This is such a pretty post. Your little Dutch girls are adorable! Don't they grow up too fast! I love the Halloween decorations, and you have such a beautiful place. Happy Halloween!

Gayle Ann Berg said...

What a precious photo of your little Dutch girls! So darling! A very clever costume idea. Thanks for sharing your awesome Halloween decorations. Such a beautiful yard! I'm so happy that you are posting again! Happy Halloween to you!!

Donna said...

Thank you so much, Henny and Gayle Ann! Those Dutch Girl costumes were almost sailor girls when their Nana and Grampa brought them sailor hats from Florida right before Halloween, but I'm glad I went with the little Dutch Girls!! And yes, they do grow up too fast, Henny! And I'm happy to be posting again, too, Gayle Ann! I missed blogland!... Donna

Andrea said...

I love all your decorations, Donna. Definitely looks like autumn has long since arrived at your place. xoxo

Susan said...

Looks like you are ready for Halloween, Donna. All looks so nice. Loved the Dutch girls photo, too. I, too, am happy you are posting again. Take care. Until next time....Susan

Susan said...

p.s. Love the idea of the pumpkins in the window boxes. I will have to do that next year. Susan

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Your girls look so cute dressed as dutch.. I can relate since my father's side is dutch! Your Halloween decorations look so nice and I didn't decorate the yard at all this year...I love using pumpkins in my window boxes!

Terra said...

Your little Dutch girls are ever so cute.