Sunday, March 30, 2008

Recycling Old Windows

Does anybody else's car just screech to a halt if there are old windows laying by the roadside? They are just so full of character and charm (and possibly lead paint, too, so be careful - especially if you have little ones!). I've seen people put mirrors in them or paint beautiful designs on them. Here are two that I was lucky enough to snag. It was fun transforming them into a photo frame and a bulletin board. If you aren't lucky enough to find yours along the side of the road, try looking in junktique shops, salvage yards, or on eBay or Craig's list. Happy hunting!

Donna

5 comments:

Lolly Jane said...

I have an old window that's now a pot rack, I love it! Such a cute blog! Esp enjoyed your armoire post, you did a great job refinishing it! xo~Lolly Jane

Domestic Diva said...

I am the same way!! I love my old window but in this area you don't really find them laying on the side of the road. I actually bought mine on Ebay because it was MUCH cheaper than the ones they had in the antique stores. The east coast can be ridiculous!

I love what you've done with your windows. I need to put pictures into mine. That first one is darling.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah... I'm all about old windows.... I buy LOTS... love your frames the look great with the photos..
I found you from Rue's blog
Linda

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi! I noticed your comment on Linda's Blue Gate and thought I'd stop by for a visit. I love your blog! I'm new too and invite you to visit me. I've been doing a tour of our house, showing our decorating on a budget. I'm having so much fun blogging and meeting wonderful people!
Sherry (Edie Marie's Attic)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hello form New York. I've enjoyed visiting your lovely blog!

The window picture frame is such a clever idea! I love to display photographs, and that looked so pretty.

Hugs, Pat