Friday, March 28, 2008

Vintage Wastebaskets

I have a thing for vintage tin wastebaskets. I found the pink one on eBay several years ago and picked up the green one at a cute little antique shop in Rhode Island. I'm always moving them around and using them for different things. They're so cheerful, and have such a sweet cottage look to them... There are a few other items that I collect, but I'll save that for future posts... (P.S. Can two wastebaskets be considered a collection?)... I'd love to hear what other people collect...

Donna

6 comments:

Cottage Dreaming said...

Donna, I agree these are so fun. I had a few in my shop last year and they were snatched up immediately. I like how you used them as flower buckets. I collect several things depending on my mood. I love sea shells, birds, cloches and brown transfer ware. "The thrill of the hunt." they say.
Heather

Domestic Diva said...

The wastebaskets are too cute! I love any kind of painted metal from back when. I think 2 can definitely be a collection! I have a knife rest collection consisting of 2 knife rests :-)

NnN said...

Those colors are so wonderful....I tried to find one like that years ago....and ended up finding the shape I wanted, and then using a floral wrapping paper around it. Had it for years!!!! Rosie..niknnora

Rue said...

I love those waste baskets! Too cute :) I have a vintage one that I found on ebay, but it's nowhere near as darling as these.

I collect all kinds of things, but you probably know that from seeing my house on RMS. I'm a packrat so my basement is frighteningly full LOL

Have a great night,
rue :)

Rue said...

Hi Donna :)

I have something for you over at my blog.

rue

Joy Jones said...

Hi Donna! I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind words about my jewelry! I UNDERSTAND your need to collect vintage wastebaskets... because I do the same...I also love the old vintage metal hampers with the chippy paint and toil painted flowers...they are getting hard to find, but that's the thrill of the chase! Have a wonderful week. ~ xoxo, Joy J.