Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bird and/or spring napkin rings...

I was asked where I purchased the bird napkin rings on top of my hutch from yesterday's post. To be honest, I've had them for so long I don't remember where I got them! And while I wasn't able to find any exactly like mine on-line, I did find some bird and/or spring napkin rings... Just click on the photos to go directly to the source (as you'll see, there's quite a wide range of prices!!)

(These are my favorites - aren't they sweet??)
















It would also be worth your while to do an eBay search. I found many listings for bird napkin rings (as well as lots of other shabby/cottage styles!). I didn't include them here because they're such short-term listings, but it's definitely worth a search as there are some great napkin rings (many of them vintage) at very good prices!
Now, on a much more serious note, I'd like to ask you all to keep Connie's son (Connie from Living Beautifully) and his family in your thoughts and prayers. He was hurt quite badly in an unexpected attack while on his way to meet his family at a restaurant to celebrate his birthday...

You can keep up with his progress on Connie's blog. Connie is so funny, upbeat, and cheerful, and always leaving such sweet comments on everybody's blogs... It kills me that she and her family are suffering so much over an attack that should never have happened in the first place... It's so sad when good Samaritans, like Connie's son, are hurt so badly while trying to do the right thing..
Thank you everyone...
Donna

9 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Isn't that so sad about Connie's son. I think he was such a hero to come to the defense of that lady. I have him in my prayers and sure do pray he has a quick recovery.

Thanks for those links to the bird napkin rings. I'm going to be picking up some for sure.

My favorite ones are the first ones you showed too.

Hugs,
Joanne

Anonymous said...

None of the napkin rings you pictured today are as lovely as yours.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Claudia said...

Thank you for letting me know about Connie's son - I had no idea. I will go over to her blog right away.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, how sad for the family! I shall go over and visit. Your birds are so sweet. They are all the rage now. Birds are. On everything all of a sudden.
Brenda

Pink Slippers said...

Those are sweet.
Still praying!
Wendy

Allidink said...

Aw that is so nice of you to post about Connie's son and support her.

And I just wanted to say that those birds nest napkin rings are so neat! I've never seen ones like that and now I want some! Thanks for sharing.

All the best,
Allison

Unknown said...

The first ones are ADORABLE!!! I rarely see something I just HAVE to have, but these are one of those rare things. Thanks for the great find!

Lisa said...

Love the napkin rings! Will visit Connie right now! THANKS!

Hugs, Lisa

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

The napkin rings you featured are all so pretty. How terribly sad about Connie's son. I will certainly add them to my prayer list. laurie