Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Mayhem, Mischief, and a New Do for the Dog

Introducing the newly bathed and closely cropped Mr. J!


I did not even recognize him when I picked him up from the groomer. Seriously.

He says, "What happened?? Where is my fur coat!" I know.. A terrible time of year to get a haircut, my poor boy. The temperatures have plunged here in New England. Thank goodness you are an indoor boy through and through.

Maybe the following was payback for his trip to the groomer....


This is what I returned home to after running a quick errand the other morning. I didn't even think about the trash bag sitting in the kitchen, waiting to be brought downstairs. It's been a while since we've had a dog, and I'd forgotten that was high on the list of things to never leave sitting out!


OMG, just look at the guilty look on his face! ha ha (I love how the groomer left him a little spiked do on his head!)


Here he is after I told him it was okay and that it was my fault for not taking the time to bring down the trash before running out the door! Guilty look having been replaced by his "can I have a treat?" look...... Oh - another orb next to Mr. J's ear. Back when we had Mr. O'Malley, we had to put rubber bands on the cabinet door handles beneath the sink to keep him from pawing open the cabinet door and pulling the trash out. Once again, I suspect that orb is him telling Mr. J, "Well done! I couldn't have done a better job myself."

So between Mr. J and Baby, this house has been c-r-a-z-y lately! Actually, Mr. J only accounts for 1% of the mayhem while little Baby makes up the other 99%. Our shy Tiger doesn't contribute anything to the craziness as she spends most of the day just sleeping on Amanda's old bed.
My next post will show why we are seriously considering not putting up a tree this year!
Donna

5 comments:

A New England Life said...

Oh my, what an exciting holiday season at your house Donna! I just love that little face : )

Southern Lady said...

He is so cute! You can't be mad at a face like that. Carla

Brenda Kula said...

He looks mighty handsome! I always figure, if it's down at their level, it's theirs. Because I know that's probably how they see it. (Emily is still underneath the bed. Last night I went in and I would say something and she would answer. She meows so pitifully. I lost my patience and reached under and pulled her out, wanting so bad to pet her. I paid for that with scratches! My fault. She's just not ready. Sigh...)
Brenda

Chatelaine said...

Oh my what a difference! He is such a cutie. Percy is a handful I can't imagine having a dog too!

You should see my tree this year. No ornaments, just lights and a happy holidays banner. I couldn't risk Percy breaking my precious ornaments.

cargol said...

I don't stop by for a few days and come back and you have a new dog. He is adorable!! I too have a little shaggy mutt that likes to get into stuff. Best wishes for the holiday season!
Carole