Tuesday, December 28, 2010

White on white on white....

...against white.


I can't decide if the abundance of white in our home is because I am afraid of color...


...or because I love the simplicity of various shades of white. I suspect it is a bit of both.


A perfect example is the white ceramic cat on a white battenburg runner on a white recycling center against a white beadboard panelled wall....


... with a white applique on the recycling center, of course!


Wouldn't all of this white look striking against a robin's egg blue wall? Or what if the wall stayed white, but I painted the recycling center my favorite shade of peachy-pink! Oh dear... just trying to decide between those those two options is making my head spin, which is probably why everything always stays white!

I'm linking up to Faded Charm for White Wednesday this week. Be sure to pop over and see all the bloggers sharing their White Wednesday posts!
Donna

9 comments:

Deb said...

I love it. It looks so fresh and simple. The cat certainly doesn't hurt either. ;)

Susan said...

Hi Donna...I LOVE white on white. It looks clean, pristine, and pleasant to the eye.

Hey! By the way, thanks a lot for the heated birdie bath info. I appreciated that a lot. Thanks! Have a great day. Susan

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Donna,
I just love the clean look of white too...and your cat is pretty precious!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday. ~Natalie

Southern Lady said...

I love your white...I think I am afraid of change not color. Anyway, I'm sure your things would be lovely, no matter what the color. Carla

GwendolynKay said...

White on white on white! I love it and your kitty is so gorgeous!
Blessings from Gwenny~

Brenda Pruitt said...

I think your house is cozy and beautiful, no matter what colors you use!
Brenda

Heaven's Walk said...

LOL! Donna - I adore all of the white...but then again....I am a little biased in that department because my house is all white! lol! I know that whatever piece you decide to paint (if at all), it all depends on the "feel" you want to express. I just love the textures of white on white. So soothing. :)

xoxo laurie

Susan Freeman said...

I have a white ceramic cat very much like your that I inherited from my Grandma. Don't you just love yours? Happy New Year!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Hamptontoes said...

I'm visiting your blog for the first time and just spent some time looking at your posts. What I absolutely love is your obvious dedication to having dogs adopted. I'm such a huge fan of the same! My heart breaks to think of all the dogs that die daily due to the misdirection of humans.