Monday, August 6, 2012

Hummingbirds and Photo Fun

I finally had my camera handy when one of our little friends visited the hummingbird feeder.

 The perfect subject for playing around with my photo editing software.

Here's the colored pencil version...

...and the watercolor version.

Coming in for a landing in color...

...and in Antique mode.
It kind of looks like Dorothy landing back in Kansas after being in Oz!

Being shy, with her back to the camera.

She sure doesn't look shy in this psychedelic negative version.

Moving so fast she's literally a blur!

Playing around with hue & saturation...

... is kind of like eating chips. You can't do just one!

Sammy was just a few feet away, chowing down on a peanut...

I think he'd approve of this watercolor version.

I love my old cement garden statue of Mary, but this photo isn't so hot. Clearly my inexpensive point & shoot camera just doesn't cut it for far off subjects...

... but I rather like the chalk version!

Ditto for the flower box - not a very impressive photo on its own.

... but much more appealing in a colored pencil  format...

... or a watercolor format!

 I hope you all have a colorful week!


Donna


12 comments:

Olive said...

I like antique mode. We are virtual slaves to a gaggle of hummers here.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your photos! I want to play, too! I think I'll see what I can do with some of my beach photos! Enjoy the week ahead!

Brenda Pruitt said...

No matter which version, you got some great shots of that little hummer!
Brenda

Susan said...

Yeah, Donna. You DID it! You got the little hummer.Great shots. Susan

Cindy Riggs said...

Love your pictures. Love Humingbirds too. Am a new follower. Come and visit and follow me too. Thank you, cindy

Maureen Wyatt said...

I've never managed to get a photo of a hummingbird but I did hold one in my hand this summer. It was trapped in a shed and wearing itself out. When it landed on my hand, I slowly walked it to the door, without letting out my breath! ~ Maureen

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

What fun! I love the watercolor version of Sammy!

Lorrie said...

Isn't it fun to play with photos? How great to capture a hummingbird - they're so fast.

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

What beautiful pictures and the fun you must have had taking them!!!
Very well done.Sammy is so cute and the hummer adorable.
XXOO Marie Antionette

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh...those sweet little hummingbirds...They are such petite masterpieces!
I enjoyed all your photo techniques!
Have a happy Wednesday, my friend,
Carolynn

eileeninmd said...

I love the hummers, they are such fun to have around. Wonderful photos.

Fishtail Cottage said...

i love to see how you play with your floral photo's....lucky you to have the hummers sit still long enough for you to capture them on film.thanks for linking up to Fishtail Cottage's garden party! xoxo, tracie