I'm going to use Pineapple Violet in the kitchen and Mandarin in the bathroom... Simple 'sweet-scented' pleasures.....
I received this Lemonade Award from Renee at Cottage Lifestyle and from Tracey at At Home on the Ridge... Wow, thank you both so much! Please be sure to pop over to Renee's and Tracey's blogs... You will definitely enjoy your visit!
What this award is about... Bloggers who show great attitude and gratitude. (Thank you again, Renee and Tracey!!!)
What you have to do...Upon receiving The Lemonade Award, you also pass it on to other bloggers who you think show great attitude and gratitude.Here are the rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 8 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award
I'd like to extend this award to the list of bloggers who appear in my sidebar. It's always such a pleasure to visit you, to read about what's going on in your lives, and to 'ooh' and 'aaaah' over the photographs you share on your blogs... Thank you all so much!
Tag - I'm it!!!!
Stephanie at Lulu's Cottage and Jean at A Romantic Country Home have tagged me to play a little game....
I need to share 7 or 8 random or weird facts about myself... Be sure to visit their blogs to see the weird/random facts they shared!!! Okay, here goes...
1) I'm a white-knuckled flyer. I've flown quite a bit in my life, but I've never gotten comfortable with it (and I doubt I ever will).
2) On the other hand, I love driving. And ever since Delilah joined the family (our Garmin GPS unit), there's no fear of getting lost... Just give me the open roads! (Delilah was named after the Plain White T's song that was a mega-hit during the spring/summer that we bought our GPS.)
3) I am a worrier. I worry about everything. All it leads to is stress and grey hairs, so I try not to worry, but unfortunately it comes naturally.. (Not worrying is so much easier said than done)...
4) I feel like a caged tiger when winter arrives because I miss being outside so much. It gets really cold here in New England and I'm afraid I'm not much of a snow lover... I admire its beauty, but I don't like being outside in it... (So right about now, I'm anxiously awaiting spring!)
5) My favorite snack is popcorn (buttered, unfortunately); my favorite types of movies are romantic comedies, and my favorite type of books are mysteries...
6) I am really torn about painting the woodwork around the windows in our dining room and living room. I absolutely love the look of white painted wood, so I don't know what is holding me back... Will that be a 2009 project? The jury is still out...
7) I've had three distinct home decorating styles over the years -1) modern/contemporary with lots of black leather sofas, chrome/glass tables, and arc lamps ; 2) primitive with dark stained furniture, sturbridge plaid sofas, wing chairs, braided rugs and stenciled walls; and 3) my shabby/cottage style... Will there ever be a 4th? I'd have to say, "Never say never!" (But seriously, right now I can't even imagine what I would ever switch to... other than maybe introducing some brighter colors into our white-on-white color scheme!!)
8) I love McDonald's iced coffee (Newman's Own) - even in sub-zero New England temps! (Yes, it's that good!)
I know I'm supposed to tag some other blogs, but I'd like to open this up to anyone who would like to participate! It will be fun reading everyone else's random/weird facts!!
(who is waiting to see how much snow today's storm is going to dump on us!)