Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Birds of a feather...

... flock together, and it appears that cats do the same thing.
Baby has some favorite places to relax. They're definitely not the most comfortable spots, but they all have one thing in common... cat statues!


Here she is practically falling off the edge of our small recycling center, but it doesn't seem to bother her because we have come to realize that Baby really enjoys the company of the many kitties who decorate our little cottage! She not only enjoys cuddling up with them...


... She also assumes their poses, which makes for some pretty cute photos!



It may start with a friendly conversation...


... or a bit of shyness as she gets to know the kitties...


...but before long, she has snuggled up next to her friends (in this case a cast iron cat, which can't be comfortable!)...


...and, as I mentioned before, assumed their poses.



Baby is a very social cat...


... and she really does enjoy hanging out with all of our cottage kitties.


I think I first noticed it last Halloween...



...when I snapped this photo of her posing with the black & white thrift store kitties.


All I know is that I believe she'd miss the kitties even more than I would (in my ongoing efforts to become more of a minimalist), so it's safe to say they are here to stay!


It's still unseasonably COLD here in New England, but the afternoons do warm up a bit. We'll take anything we can get at this point!


Wishing you all a wonderful week!


Donna

18 comments:

Dogwood said...

That Baby of yours is way too cute!
Handsome.
Beautiful.
Funny.
Fluffy.
And, a very big cat.
Hugs, Dogwood

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh my gosh.... this is just "too" cute for words. hugs ~lynne~

Lyn said...

Its funny isn't it that she wants the company of the cat statues!
love
Lyn
xxx

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Oh that is so cute!
Baby, you are the prettier than them! ;)
~Becca~

Susan said...

That was adorable, Donna. Just adorable. Baby is one of the sweetest cats on earth!

It's so doggone cold out there that it feels like the middle of January. Plus, while walking somewhere this morning, I though the icy wind was going to blow me right away as it went right through my bones. Cheeze. It feels like this year could aptly be named "Year of Eternal Winter." Susan

Nadia said...

That is adorable!! I wonder if he can actually recognize that they are statues of cats. It sure looks like it!

Melissa said...

She is beautiful.

Cats have such an elegance about them.

Hope your week is going well.

Melissa
Sunbonnet Cottage

Pamela said...

OMG SHE IS SOOO CUTE!!!!
I love this and I'm laughing...Baby is so smart!!!
Oh I love your kitty!!! What a personality!. I just love cats and this is why!!

Sell WoW Account said...

You have such an adorable and lovable cat. It is so cute to see her trying to mingle with those statues at your house. :D

Sell WoW Account

Sell WoW Account said...

You have such an adorable and lovable cat. She looks so cute seeing her trying to mingle with those statues at your house.

Sell WoW Account

Simply Debbie said...

DONNA,
I think there is something you have caught onto...I have 3 cats and 2 dogs. I have a statue of a schaunzer and the dogs don't pay any attention to it but my cats love it and they rub on it, crawl on it and sleep next to it...isn't that funny...it would be interesting if anyone else has cats that do that
BABY is beautiful...I love all animals but cats are my very favorite.
Have A Sugar Sweet Day
Hugs
Simply Debbie

Lacy said...

She's such a cute cat! That's so funny! They do look like the most uncomfortable spots!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Precious pictures! Twyla

Brenda Pruitt said...

That is the most amazing cat! Should send her to Hollywood. On this front, I've taken care of Emily for four months now. And guess what? She prefers my husband to me!
Brenda

Cottage Rose said...

Donna those are just to adorable,, she is so sweet...and to to funny,, Baby is so pretty..

Hugs;
Alaura

Barbara said...

Love it! How sweet... :)

Judi said...

Your baby is adorable. She is so pretty and isn't that sweet that she likes to settle beside your collection of kitties? So sweet and she does take on their poses also. I love that.
Darling little one.
Judi

Bohemian said...

Oh this is just precious... does she ever get jealous of the statuary cats?

Dawn... The Bohemian