Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Our sofa has spring fever...

.. just like me!


Yes, it is definitely time for a burst of springtime color in our little cottage! My poor old slipcovers have seen better days (pulled and pilled by little kitty claws), therefore I like to conceal the damage under quilts!


So off came the old quilt used this past winter (a more subdued floral that looked great during the winter moths)...



... and out came the thrift store baby quilt I scored several years ago, because I am ready for some serious springtime color!


Bright blooms dot the pink and white striped background, and the border has a sweet sunny yellow striped ruffle...


...while the reverse side sports a soft green & white pattern pattern.


Now I should have stopped there with the flowers, but I couldn't. So my Rachel Ashwell hydrangea pillow sits in one corner of the sofa...


...and a pair of robins egg floral pillows sit on the opposite side. Yup, we are officially ready and waiting for spring, and flowers, and WARM weather, to finally make an appearance in our neck of the woods! And after three long months, the bare ground is finally visible beneath the melting snow! I think that's reason enough for a major celebration and explosion of flowers!
Hope you are all having a lovely week!
Donna

16 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks so pretty! VERY SPRINGY!!!! And of course, the cat MUST be in the picture. Does she come running when she hears the camera click. My dog Carson does.....LOL. However, he doesn't want to pose, he always is curious about the camera so half the pictures are have a dog nose in them. Happy Spring!

Mantha said...

How lovely and springy indeed - a beautifull quilt too - a super find .. love reading your blog, and what Baby has been upto..
Your home is stunning :)
Sam x

Susan said...

Hi Donna...You are ready for spring. Looks nice. Baby's ready, too. And so am I. Susan

Melissa said...

Oh how I wish I had your talent.

Very lovely!

Melissa

Vintage Gal said...

Hi Donna ~ I think it's just beautiful and I am sure ready for spring. Thank you for making me smile ;-)

Pamela said...

Very pretty and springy!! I love your kitty!!

Claudia said...

Love your spring look, Donna! Yes, we can see some grass again...and the snow is melting!

xo
Claudia

Unknown said...

Pretty, pretty!!!!

deb said...

Love it!
*hugs*deb

Southern Lady said...

Donna,
It is beautiful! Looks like kitty loves it too! Carla

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening, Donna,
I love your room. I love your beautiful fabrics. I love your sweet kitty.

Have a wonderful Wednesday ~Natalie

A New England Life said...

Everything is so pretty! The sun feels warmer, the days are longer, and Spring is on the doorstep. Yippee!!!

Heaven's Walk said...

What a pretty room, Donna! It does look very springy and such a comfy place to spend a cool spring day! Looks like Baby loves the feel of the new quilt, too. :)

xoxo laurie

Mantha said...

Hi Donna.. I am having a giveaway over on my blog, and seeing as you were my first ever comenter i will be sending some Cath Kidston mini notellets your way .. handmade by me of course..
If you leave an email i will contact you for your address ..
:) Sam x

Nadia said...

I love spring! You quilt is so cute and so is your cat!

jean said...

I love it. So pretty, right up my alley. And, really, how can one say no! to our fur babies. My sofa is covered to protect from my sweet doggie. Have a great day.