Friday, April 15, 2011

A palette of green and peachy-pink...

It was time to give the top of our little recycling center a little pizzazzzzz...

...for the spring.

It's a nice change from winter's white-on-white cat and battenburg lace runner.

The white cat hasn't gone far though. He now sits on the floor next to the recycling center.


I love the cover of this old 1913 Bobbsey Twins book. When I was a young, I could always count on a new BT book being under the tree each Christmas.

Although this one is titled The Bobbsey Twins at Snow Lodge, the illustration on the front cover is very spring-like.

I also added a few bells from my small collection. My favorite is the Carmel Junipero Serra Mission bell with the cross handle.

Once upon a time, little vases filled with creamy white buttons sat on the recycling center. That was BB (before Baby). I shudder to think of the mess she could make with  hundreds upon hundreds of buttons scattered all over the floor...

I hope you are all enjoying Spring wherever you are. I'm loving the warmer temperatures we've been having! (Although this evening's weather forecast just predicted FROST for overnight and cold temperatures tomorrow... hardly spring-like, but at least it's not snow!!)

I'm linking to Show & Tell Friday at Cindy's My Romantic Home. Cindy posted a touching tribute to her mom this week, so be sure to stop by and visit her and all the other bloggers sharing something this week.

Donna


13 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Donna...Awwww, that's a lovey vignette you have created. The swan is charming and the old books are great. The illustration is so adorable. Very nice, Donna. Yeah, I'm loving the warmer temps during the day but last night I returned the feather bed cover to the top of the bed cuz I was FREEZING. I want to get some pansies for containers in the front of the house but I'm afraid they'll kick off the minute I put them in. :) Susan

Claudia said...

That's the prettiest recycling center I've ever seen. Love the bells - what a neat thing to collect, Donna.

BB - perfect. Before Baby. Yes, things change, don't they, when a curious kitty joins the household!

xoxo
Claudia

Unknown said...

look's great I love little display's, especially ones that change with the season's. It looks really nice!

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Love your vignettes.

enjoy your weekend!

Hugs,
Dolly

Babs said...

Lovely Spring vignette. That's the prettiest recycling center I've seen. My consists of two plastic bins with lids in the furnace room. I like yours much better.
The Bobbsey Twins books are so sweet. A reminder of a more innocent time.
Have a great weekend,
Babs

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your heartfelt comments on our animal shelter.....
I love your pics!! So beautiful & relaxing!
As for your BT books... I lways recieved a Whitman book for my birthday & Christmas & now I have collected nearly all of them!!
Books & Cats .... I love 'em!
Love,
Marilyn

Donna said...

Love ALL your photos...so soft and pastel! My house is not like that but I so wish it were! How pretty for spring!!!!

Pamela said...

Hi Donna!
I love the vignette you have here! I love seeing old books...I have a couple of Bobbsey Twins books too.
Your home is so warm and inviting...just love it!
Kisses to baby!!

Pamela xo

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Donna; I love your sweet Spring table top....have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs;
Alaura

Brenda Pruitt said...

Your blog is looking, oh, so pretty!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna! What a lovely little spot! Love seeing that sweet cover of the Bobbsey Twins book. I used to read those when I was a little girl!
Thank you for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Dogwood said...

Good afternoon to you~
Spring is on its way and I am loving it. The sun. The lovely blue sky. The sweet flowers.
I love you nicely decorated home.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs, Dogwood

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Donna! What a sweet springy vignette! Love the old books next to the swan! Isn't it fun to change up your house for the new season? It's been a lonnnng time coming....lol!

xoxo laurie