Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thrift Store Mantel Decor...

I've been playing around with the mantel decor a bit and thought it might be fun to group several thrift store finds together...

There's a silver candleholder, some small shaker bottles, a white footed vase...

... and my favorite, the lady head planter vase on the end (found last year at a thrift store in Cambridge, MA). Although she's elegant just as she is, I wanted to try a few different looks on her...

Here she is modeling a bit of faux ivy....

... and here she is sporting a bird's nest to celebrate SPRING.


 Decisions, decisions...


Although it's hardly spring-like, with it's black velvet brim, I kept coming back to this vintage hat with the delightful netting and rhinestone embellishment (picked up at yet another thrift store in Cambridge last year)...

So for the time being, Miss Lady Head Planter Vase will sport her black & white hat while sitting on the mantel among my other thrift store finds.

I'm linking up to Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show & Tell Friday, so be sure to stop over and see what everyone is sharing this week!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Donna


13 comments:

Claudia said...

She's delightful and can sport so many different looks! I wish I'd had time to investigate thrift stores in Cambridge! You'll have to pass on some names to me when we come back in September!

xo
Claudia

Susan Freeman said...

Love that hat!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Susan said...

Oh, Donna, that hat is delightful. Great job finding that! Take care. Susan

Southern Lady said...

Love it! Carla

Dogwood said...

Oh, I really like what you have done on your mantle. It look wonderful. I especially like the hat. Wow!

lvroftiques said...

She's killer! I can certainly see why you love her so much. Vanna

Blog Diva said...

hi, nice blog.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful.. I love your thrift finds... Love your beautiful blog!!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful.. I love your thrift finds... Love your beautiful blog!!

Susan said...

Donna I am glad you put that gorgeous hat on that poor lady. She had a deep crevice in her head! LOL
Really I absolutely love that hat. I have a thing for old hats! I have several. I am going to find a coat tree so I can display them in my guest room!!

Pamela said...

Your mantle looks wonderful Donna!
I love the hat!!

Pamela :)

Elaine said...

You have some great finds there!
Love the vintage hat with the rhinestone pin.

Donna said...

What whimsical compliments to your mantel, Donna!