Saturday, April 30, 2011

A "tail" of two princesses...

Baby was so excited when I told her we were going to get up very early to watch Kate and William get married!

Truth be told, Baby thinks of herself as a princess...

... probably because her every wish is our command!

So the morning of the wedding, I woke up Baby very early and we headed out to the family room.

Before long, Baby got down on the floor to watch.

I told her she would be able to see much better if she came up by me.

At first, Baby was glued to the television...

...but it wasn't long before her very early wake-up call got the best of her.

I promised to wake her when there were some closeups of Kate, as that's who she was most interested in.

She really did try her best to stay awake...

... but soon the angelic voices of the boys' choir lulled her to sleep.

Fast forward to some closeups of Kate. While I was "oohing" and "aahing" over how GORGEOUS she was, Baby seemed quite aloof. It turns out that Baby was expecting KATE to be a CAT (I mean the two words do sound quite similar, so when I kept telling her we were going to watch KATE get married, well, you can understand her confusion at seeing a human instead of a feline.)

Not to mention the fact that I was going on and on about how beautiful Kate looked and, well, I do believe someone's little nose was a bit out of joint since words like "beautiful" and "gorgeous" are usually directed towards her!

So for the rest of the wedding, while I couldn't take my eyes off the screen...

... Baby did her best...

... to come up with some super cute poses...

... to make sure some of the attention was once again directed towards her.

Oh, Baby, don't you know you'll always be our little Princess?

Silly girl!

Just one little piece of advice. If you ever want to find your own Prince Charming, you should probably do away with that pouty kitty scowl and SMILE :)

All kidding aside, I LOVED watching the Royal Wedding! I remember getting up in the wee hours of the morning to watch Princess Di get married as well.  So cheers to the newlyweds! I wish you a lifetime of happiness, health, and love!

Donna

17 comments:

Our Country Bungalow said...

The best of both worlds! Baby and H.R.H. Katherine in the same photos!

We watched the whole thing too. I started out with a "well..why not?" attitude about watching but by the end I was completely engrossed. It was as good as it could ever be. The bride was extraordinary. Can you imagine looking that relaxed in front of billions of watchers? Wow.

~cathy

Susan said...

Ha ha ha ha That was a cute post, Donna. Now, I'm sure Baby's crown didn't cost as much as Kate's veil, but it's still pretty.

I hope Baby NEVER finds her prince charming because then she'd have to leave you. And we would all miss her.

So, scratch behind the ears to Princess Baby, not Kate. hee hee

Thanks for sharing that sweet darling Princess cat. Susan

sheri said...

LOL!!! Baby is too cute! She sure tried her best to convince you to turn off the TV and pay attention to HER!

That wedding was spectacular!

:O)

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Awww, Baby, you are a beautiful princess!
:)
~Becca~

Southern Lady said...

Baby is a princess in every way! I think she is adorable! Carla

Lyn said...

Oh Donna what a good post! Lovely Baby is so cute!
love
Lyn
xxx

Deb said...

Oh Baby, you are so captivating and especially in your pink tiara. Loved seeing YOU again. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x5

Heaven's Walk said...

LOl! You are a hoot, Donna! lol! Loved this post. I was giggling all the way through! I haven't the slightest how you got Baby to tolerate that adorable crown on her head, but kudos to you, girl! I didn't get up early to see the wedding, but caught clips of it all evening long. It was sooo beautifully dreamy! :)

xoxo laurie

Donna said...

So funny!! Baby was the "cat's meow" in her finery and caught the catnip bouquet, I bet!
Cute "tail" of a beautiful day!!!

Pamela said...

Oh Baby you always make my day!!! She is soo cute!!

Wasn't Kate beautiful??

Have a wonderful Sunday Donna!!

Pamela xo

Donna said...

My reaction was about the same as Baby's, LOL. I wish the lovely couple the best.

Brenda Pruitt said...

You know I adore that Baby, don't you?
Brenda

Elaine said...

What a cute post! I can't believe you got her to pose with the tiara on her head!

Only Oscar got up to watch with me.

It sure was a magical day. I watched some it then went to work.
I taped it and watched it yesterday.

Conversations with the Muses said...

I just found your blog through Dawn at Bohemian Valhalla. I loved your post on the royal wedding as I too was glued to the TV years ago to watch Diana. However I really am writing to say how grateful I am for your voice on pet adoption. My husband and I run a home for approximately 50 feral cats that we took in (actually my husband says they came with the house... We moved onto a ranch where there was a huge feral cat problem, not any more as they are all fixed and part of our family now). You might be interested in what we do... our cat web site is www.theluckyfew.org. I talk about them a lot on my blog (I am an event designer and have a rambling design, faerie, cat, magical living oriented blog) triciafountaine.blogspot.com. If you have a moment you might take a peek. These are all cats that would have been put down at the local shelter as they can't adopt feral cats out. Now they are all tame and so very precious to us. Thank you SO much for your voice on adopting pound animals. It is so important and they make such loving dear members of the family,
In Gratitude,
Tricia Fountaine

C'est moi Claudette said...

Hello Donna
Sorry I haven't been around to say hello. But here I am.
Now baby had the best seat in the house I think. She actually did better than me. All 7 of my fur babies were sleeping through it all.
I liked seeing the Royal wedding through the eyes of your princess.
Sweet post Donna.
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxoxo

Bohemian said...

Such an adorable Post... your Princess will rival any Royalty... she's adorable!

Dawn... The Bohemian

Ashley Urke | Domestic Fashionista said...

LOL! Oh my word! How funny and cute is that! I should have pulled out my crown as well for the royal wedding! Glad you were having so much fun so early in the morning! My wedding watching partner, my husband, was not this entertaining! ;)