Monday, October 1, 2012

Family Room Tweaking...

I like unobstructed views. I love looking outside and prefer that nothing large be placed in front of windows.

Therefore, it was not my original choice to have this new addition placed right in front of the family room slider.

In the past there have been a variety of things in front of the slider, but none so tall and obtrusive. A small trunk at one time, Mr. J's bed and a bird cage at another...

Sometimes just my basket of peanuts for Sammy, Chip and the birds, or a potted plant on a table.

I've tweaked this area many times, sometimes even removing the grids for a more open look. And who could forget my 'haunted' carpenter's bench, which once sat in front of the window, but is now back outside on the deck.

But the things we will do for our little furry friends (sigh.....) 

I couldn't resist taking this photo when I spotted Baby's reflection in the family room mirror.

This cat tower has become Baby's favorite place to hang out... literally.

It's also her favorite place to bathe...

... her favorite place to cat nap...

...and it's most definitely one of her favorite places to watch for Sammy's, Chips, and birds (the other being behind the curtain where she thinks she can't be seen).

So how can I deny her this joy when she brings us such joy! Not only that, Court was the one who chose Baby at the shelter the day we adopted her, and when she moved out this year, she missed her Baby so much that she bought this cat tower as a gift for her. So sweet :)

So needless to say, the family room tweaking is probably done now.
Baby has spoken :)

I'm joining Brenda at Cozy Litte House for Tweak It Tuesday this week. Please stop by and share your own tweaking!!!

Have a great week, everyone!

Donna

11 comments:

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Donna,
Aww...Baby does come first, I bet she loves the sun coming in on her while she "cat naps" If I was cat I would want to live at your house, your Baby has a Cat Condo...
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Olive said...

Your kitty is precious on that tower. We do a lot for our two fur babies too. Olive

Maureen Wyatt said...

Wow, from the shelter to her very own castle! Lucky baby! It's very good of you to decorate around her wishes and so sweet of your daughter to buy Baby that present. ~ Maureen

Vintage Gal said...

Donna ~ our furbabies always come first don't they? She looks like the queen of the castle and she is ~ My Sofie sleeps with me on my pillow ;-) ~ can't resist, can't push her off. We just love our furbabies ~

craftyles said...

It's worth it if your kitty loves it. Cute cat, by the way!

Susan said...

Awwwwww, for Baby? I'd even paint the glass windows black, to keep the sun out of her eyes. Well, maybe not black but you get what I mean, Donna.

Baby is a love. She deserves her own special perch. And she's so doggone pretty.

I wonder if Honey Cat would ever like a perch like that. Hmmmmm. Susan

Unknown said...

How sweet! She looks so much like my Fluffer, also adopted.
I want to get one of those for her. Thanks for sharing.

Lottie said...

Hi Donna, what a cozy place to sit and look out the window. I love the pictures of the snow! Baby is precious, but I need an unobstructed view also. Have a great week!

LeeAnn at Mrs Black's said...

Beautiful room and love the deck outside too. Baby knows a great thing when she finds it! Minerva x

Unknown said...

I don't have any cats anymore, but have 2 dogs. They certainly rule the roost at times. One of my dogs sleeps on a pillow between my husband and myself. Can't seem to send him elsewhere lol. We love him too much.

Brenda Pruitt said...

If I had Baby, I would do anything to make her happy too. She sure does make a person smile!
Brenda