Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween Cats

I love Halloween and I love black cats, and the two definitely go hand-in-hand.

This was my sweet boy, Mr. B, aka Blackie, many years ago.

He felt right at home among all the decorations and delighted in being
the star attraction in these old Halloween photos.

Likewise with his predecessor, Mrs. B, who was the Queen of Halloween. She looked positively regal among the Halloween decor. An absolute natural. How I miss these two black beauties.

Our black cats took like ducks to water when it came to posing for Halloween photos.
Our Baby? Not so much. At least not when we got her a couple of years ago.

That year, she wanted no part of her Halloween bandana.

Eventually she decided it wasn't so bad, but she still wouldn't pose with the Halloween decorations.

 Although I must admit, by the time Halloween rolled around, she was getting into the spririt, 
enjoying Lamp Bandit...

...and playing in a pile of faux fall leaves on the dining room table.

So how is she doing this year?

Well......we got off to a bit of a rocky start.
When I got the leaves and berry garland out, she immediately started chewing it.
Not a good thing.

She finally settled down and lost interest in the berry garland (thank goodness!)...

In time, she channeled her inner "black cat" and even joined
the black chalkware kitty among the Halloween decorations. 
Yes, I think she's finally getting the hang of being a Halloween star!

This week I'll be joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
and
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for Favorite Thing Saturday.

Have a great October week, everyone!

Donna

18 comments:

Deb said...

She is such a beauty and only enhances your Halloween decor.

Maureen Wyatt said...

My heavens, that is a beautiful cat! Of course, she knows she's not a Hallowe'en cat and deigns to tolerate your annual weirdness. ~ Maureen

Susan said...

Loved your cat decor, Donna. Oh, your black beauties were a delight. I can see why you miss them soooo much.

Of course, Baby is the best decoration of all!

Thanks for sharing. Susan

Brenda Pruitt said...

That Baby keeps me in stitches.
Brenda

......Michele @ Portlandia Vintage said...

i love your cats and so clever "including" the black ones as part of the halloween look!

Susan Freeman said...

I am not a cat person, but she is really precious!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Loved reading your cat/halloween post.
Joy

Susy said...

She's so fluffy! Gotta love the kitty shenanigans.

Chenille Cottage said...

Your housekitty is the purrrfect home dec addition!
Smiles,
Carolynn >^^<

Claudia said...

Now, Donna, you know that Baby has to get in a wee bit of mischief, or she wouldn't be Baby! I'm glad she's settled down and is now embracing Halloween.

Thanks so much for joining in this week!

xo
Claudia

Patty said...

I enjoyed your post and your Halloween decorations and cats! I am a new follower!

Diane said...

Great photos!! We lost our kitty about a year ago and have yet to acquire another-- fun to see cat antics again!! Thanks for posting!

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Love your cats! Your black ones would be cute framed as part of your display! And, Baby-- well she's just so cute! My Oliver didn't even care when I got out the fall decorations! Well, he did sniff the plastic storage bin a couple of times!

Babajeza said...

Hahaha! You cat is great. I love her black tail. :-)

Balisha said...

Cats antics are so fun...My daughter's cat, Huntley, plays online scrabble with us :) He's very clever.
Balisha

Life at Still Woods said...

Love your holiday decor and your blog! I am visiting from A Favorite Thing Saturday and am your newest follower. Please stop by Still Woods sometime for a visit!

Elaine said...

She looks great in that last photo,
but I imagine you either have to catch her in the right mood or be very quick on the trigger.

Haworth said...

Your black cats were so adorable, Donna! And the new one is so sweet. I think she really is a showgirl at heart, the way she finds places to pose.