Monday, October 29, 2012

Sammy Squirrel meets Hurricane Sandy

My computer bit the dust today. Since Best Buy was open (despite Sandy), I headed there with my computer tower this morning. Bad news. The mother board is shot. I'm now on a Windows 7 computer and having a heck of a time with all my old software.

Anyhow, Amanda and I were watching the storm and our Sammy Squirrels and blue jays this afternoon. It was quite windy and the poor blue jays were being blown sideways while flying. I also took a few quick videos of one of our Sammy's braving the winds for a peanut snack. He darned near got blown off the deck. Hope everyone fared well today!

 
 
 
 
I'll hopefully be able to get photos off of my old computer so I can show you the damage in our yard from last year's freak October snowstorm!
 
Take care, everyone!
 
Donna

7 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Donna...Oh man, I remember last year's freak snow storm right before Halloween. That was even worse than Hurricane Sandy!

Glad you are feeding Sammy Squirrel, even though I don't care for his lot too much. They ate my flower bulbs!

Take care, Donna, and stay safe. Susan

Brenda Pruitt said...

I know Windows 8 is out, but I don't like the looks of it. Are you going to get Windows 7 or 8?
Brenda

Donna said...

Poor little Sammy Squirrel! And I'm so sorry about the computer demise. Darn it all! At least it wasn't your hard drive. I hope that you do regular backups!

Melanie said...

Sorry to hear that your computer "died". Ugh. I love the squirrel video - he/she was trying to stay put for dear life!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hi Donna,
It's good squirrels are so persistant. Very cute. Was a heck of a storm here. Very scary. Glad that it is over. Hope that all is well at your home.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Chenille Cottage said...

Thanks so much for posting the Romney storyline on your blog. It's so nice to be informed. If the media won't do it...fine people like you are....
Blessings,
Carolynn

Chenille Cottage said...

OOOps....I almost forgot to thank you, too, for sharing Sammy's successful peanut caper!
Smiles,
Carolynn