Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Charming cottage-styled vintage art print

One day last summer I came across a junktique shop not in my immediate area, so of course I had to stop and check it out! And although I wasn't looking for wall art, once I spotted this 26"x32" vintage framed print, I knew it was coming home with me...


I propped it up in front of the fireplace to photograph it because I couldn't get a good "straight on" shot of it hanging in the hallway... (Hmmm... it doesn't make a bad looking fireplace screen!!)


I love how it looks in this "tray-style" frame. The art is so beautiful ... my photos do not do it justice. I'd love to find other works by this artist, but I can't find a signature or name on the print, so if anybody knows who this talented artist is, I'd be most grateful to have that information passed my way!


Here's a closeup of a corner of the frame. I just love all of the detail and distressing... definitely my idea of cottage charm...


There are pink flowering trees in the background, pine trees, and beautiful birches in the foreground, all set against the loveliest blue background...

It hangs in the hallway at the top of the entry stairs of our "split-entry" cottage... I'm so happy that I was in "the right place at the right time" to find this framed print because every time I look at it, I fall in love with it all over again!!!

Donna

11 comments:

Connie said...

You are right, sweet chick, that IS gorgeous! I'd buy it for my home also!
Smoochies,
Connie

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Donna!
What a terrific piece of artwork! The frame is so perfect for it too. It's such a calming relaxing scene. Great find!
Loved your shadow post, very clever and interesting!
Hugs, Sherry

Michelle said...

Your print is so pretty~perfect for your cottage! I like it as a fireplace screen too..very creative.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I love the way that room looks. The picture is perfect for the space.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Kim's Treasures said...

Beautiful!!!

Life on the Edge said...

Oh wow, that really is pretty! Even the trees are a cottage white! lol I really do love the frame too. Good buy!

Kady

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Donna that is so pretty! I especially love the frame. It's perfect for your home.

Hugs, Pat

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Donna; Wow did you ever find a treasure, love the frame, and the painting. It looks so wonderful where you hung it. I hope I get lucky some day... Have a great Thursday.

Hugs;
Alaura

Rue said...

Hi Donna :)

That is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I knew who the artist was too.

hugs,
rue

Victoria Lynn said...

Wow, that looks great there. What a pretty area that is. I love how shabby chic it is! The white and blue is so calming! Blessings, Victoria Lynn

Adrienne said...

Hi Donna - What a wonderful piece to add to your adorable home! I would have bought that one, too. Everything about it is just right. ~Adrienne~