Saturday, August 16, 2008

Yummmmmmy!

Last week I received a Yankee Candle "$10 off any $25 purchase" coupon in the mail, so today Court and I made a quick trip to the mall. While she checked out cell phones, I visited Yankee Candle...

I didn't realize how many scents they have! My initial plan was to get an autumn scent like pumpkin or apple... But once I started sniffing around I fell in love with three others: "Sun and Sand," "Island Spa," and "Key Lime Pie"... Luckily Courtney arrived in time to help me choose, and she immediately zeroed in on KEY LIME PIE !

However, I'm pretty certain that when the air turns crisp and the leaves start to fall, I'll be heading back for an autumn candle (they had lots to choose from!!). Last year throughout the Christmas season I burned a "Sparkling Pine" Yankee Candle and it made the house smell fantastic, so I'll definitely be getting another one of those this Christmas...

Up until the past year or so, I rarely burned candles. We have two cats and I tend to be a nervous Nelly... But now that the cats are 14, they don't jump around like they did when they were younger (so I'm not quite as worried). But still, to be extra safe, I burn the candles on top of my stove (I figure since it's a gas range with flames shooting out from the burners, it must be pretty fire-proof!!!)...

But that is one thing (of many) that I love about my Febreze ScentStories - no worries about an open flame or having it knocked over. And boy, does it make the house smell good!! My favorite Febreze scent disk is Shades of Vanilla! (Key Lime Pie... Vanilla... I see a pattern emerging... I apparently like candles that smell good enough to eat!)

COMMENTS UPDATE: Thank you to everyone who shared their favorite Yankee Candle scents and to those who gave other suggestions for where to purchase or alternate brands... I'm sure I will have the most yummy smelling cottage thanks to of all your suggestions!!

Donna

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
I'm coming out of lurkdom to say I always admired your rooms from RMS and how much I enjoy your blog.

I love candles too and have found a brand that is 100 times better than Yankee..."For Every Body." The company has a website but I buy mine from the eBay seller "Shopoholics4U" because they are about half the price. Any of the "Fresh Baked" scents are the absolute BEST! Cinnamon French Toast, Bundt Cake, Buttermilk Pancakes, Chocolate Butterscotch Pie, Raisin Bread, Glazed Donuts, and Snickerdoodles are just a few examples of some of the YUMMY flavors they offer. Try 'em; I think you'll like them.

Joanne Kennedy said...

Oh I'm a big Yankee Candle fan too. I always buy them for the holdays. In fact, I just bought some the other day for a gift I'm giving someone. They last a long time and smell very good.

Hugs,
Joanne

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Donna,
Yankee Candles are so wonderful aren't they.. Key lime sounds like one I'd get I love the citris scents..
Love coming to see you at your pretty site..
Hope you are having a great weekend (:)) Hugs, Patty

Millas hem said...

Hi!
Love those candles...there´s so many of them...want all of them!
Lovely blog also!
Hugs Camilla

Life on the Edge said...

I love Yankee Candles too! I started buying them when my son won 3 for me in a Mother's Day contest. They have wonderful scents! I love buttercream the best. One year I had a caramel apple scented candle and burned a vanilla scented one also and together, it all smelled divine! I am really going to have to stop by the store just so I can smell the key lime pie one! Bet it smell fresh and yummy!

Kady

Crystal ~ CJO Glassware & Gifts said...

Yankee candles are so yummy ~ my personal favorite is "Buttercream". My house smells like a bakery when I burn one ~mmmm!

Janet said...

My favorite is Autumn Wreath. If this weather keeps up I will be getting one real soon. Have you tried those burner things that you set the candle on and never light it? I keep seeing them wherever candles are sold and wonder if they work well.

Janet

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Donna; I have not smelled the key lime pie one yet. I do love the Yankee Candles though. My favorite one around Christmas is Home for the holidays one, and the pine ones they are my favorite of all I could use the pine all year. lol; Have a great weekend.

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous said...

I love to burn candles especially when the weather starts getting cooler. Did you have a Home Goods? They carry Yankee Candles and they are so much cheaper. I love to get the harvest one for Fall.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes I am with you on that any of the food scents yummmmmy.... once my step-son told he loved the way our house always smells good.... ahhh the candles...
HUgs
Linda

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

I really like Yankee Candles! As it approaches fall, I especially like the "pumpkin" scents; "Harvest", etc. My favorite ones are the Christmas scents!
:)