Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Vintage 1950's Department Store SANTA Photo

Thanks to Joanne at My Little Cottage in the Making, I'm doing a little "Christmas in August" post!!


This is my sister and I in the the late 50's with the Jordan Marsh Santa in Boston. She's the cute one on his lap... I'm the one with the dorky look on my face! (Don't you just love the short bangs from that era??)

Joanne collects vintage photos of Santas with children and she shared her fantastic collection here... Be sure to check it out - it is magical and it will get you in the mood for Christmas, even if it is only August!!! And she's asking any of us to share our vintage Santa photos with her, so here's mine, Joanne!!

Donna

11 comments:

Glenda said...

I just love Joanne. She always has great things to share.


Ciao

{oc cottage} said...

That is just too cute!!!!

m ^..^

Life on the Edge said...

I just loved the pictures on Joanne's site! So very cute! I love this picture of you and your sis too! Omg, I remember the short bangs! My mother would cut mine much shorter yet!

Kady

Joanne Kennedy said...

Oh what a darling photo! Would you mind if I printed out a copy and added it to my collection? If you don't want me to I understand. It's just so darn cute!

I would love to one day have enough Santa photos to print out a book. I don't know if anyone would ever want to buy something like that but I would love to have it to put out every year at Christmas time.

It's so fun to see the expressions on the kids and Santa and to see how different each Santa looks. He also changed a lot over the years.

Hugs,
Joanne

Susan said...

Love your blog! Love the name!

Susan said...

Love your blog and love the name of it!

Michelle said...

Donna,
I just saw that you visited my blog~thanks for stopping by and commenting on my sweet Taz. Mr. O'Malley looks like a love as well. There is nothing like a hound dog.

Your blog is so beautiful. Can I add you to my blog list of places I like to visit?

I think you and your sister look adorable with Santa.

Michelle

Attic Clutter said...

CUTE Donna
..You and your sis~
I just LOVE it!!
what a cute Santa photo..

thanks so much on my organized Computerdesk/bulletin board(:)
so glad you came by..
Hugs Patty

w00ts up said...

Lol! Too cute and funny!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

So cute Donna! I have to ask my Mom to look for my photo and do this too. We are from the same era as I have those short bangs too!

Hugs, Pat

Unknown said...

I love the picture! I remember hats like you are wearing -- hadn't thought about them in ages.