Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Jelly Cupboard Still Life...

... isn't quite so still all the time.

 
Almost any surface in our house would be more comfortable than the top of the little jelly cupboard that sits in the corner of our dining area, but it is one of Baby's favorite spots.

This was how the little pine cupboard looked back in the early 90's.
At that point, the little mirrored cabinet I bought as a finishing touch was resting upside down on top while the cupboard beneath waited for its makeover.

It's amazing how a few appliques, a glass knob, and some white paint can transform a piece.

 Baby precariously perches on the outermost corner, always taking care not to disturb the aqua Franciscan platter and my thrift store St. Therese and St. Jude planters.

 From this spot, she can easily keep an eye on the screen feeder
attached to the dining room window.

She's also able to watch over the kitchen, dining area, living room, and entryway of our little split level, as well as the family room behind if she looks over her shoulder.


 And as we all know...

...those beautiful eyes don't want to miss a trick.

I think she just spotted a bird out on the screen feeder.

So while Baby watched over her world from the corner of the dining area...

...I headed to my office to play with PicMonkey
Oh-my-gosh, I am just loving how my photos look after a bit of tweaking!

I'm linking to Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home. Enjoy!

Have a great weekend, everyone. It may hit 80 degrees here in New England this weekend!
Such crazy weather!

Donna

15 comments:

Terra said...

Baby knows what she is doing, and she is definitely posing in regal style. She knows how to use her beauty.

Deb said...

She certainly is a beautiful cat. And I think you are right...she loves it because from there the world is her oyster. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x6

Susan said...

Oh, Donna. How I LOVE the Jelly Cupboard Stilllife!

Baby is SOOOOOO precious. A really beautiful cat.

LOVE LOVE LOVED the jelly cabinet makeover and the ornate medicine cabinet on top. Darling.

Thanks for sharing. Susan p.s. Great photos!

Southern Lady said...

Love the jelly cupboard, but I love Baby more!!!

June said...

Donna this just made me smile! I love your Baby and your pretty jelly cupboard.

Our Country Bungalow said...

I seriously love Baby. I mean, come on! Who wouldn't?
~cathy

Jeannine520 said...

What a beautiful girl. Adorable!

Maureen Wyatt said...

The real reason Baby sits on that cupboard is that she knows it's a perfect foil for her colouring. It also has a mirror for her to check her looks. lol

Shabby chic Sandy said...

The cupboard is so sweet--love what you did to make it so pretty. I really love Baby--what a beautiful cat! I have a thing for black and white furbabies. Thanks for sharing--your photos are awesome! (I love PicMonkey too)

Linda said...

Hi Donna,

Your BABY is magnificent, reminds me of our 'rag doll' cat, Vixie Lu Lu Belle, who lived with us for 14 years after my husband rescued her in a snowstorm... She was a grand lady and a best friend. The images of Baby brought a huge smile to my face today...

Linda at Beautiful Ideas

My Dream Canvas said...

Very cute! I hope you will visit me at My Dream Canvas. Have a lovely weekend.

The Shabby Chicas said...

Love the cupboard and love Baby! She's precious. I am going to try PicMonkey. Thanks for the posting. Alma at The Shabby Chicas and mom to 2 four legged children!

A New England Life said...

Picmonkey rocks! I just know when they get it completed it's going to be even better than Picnik.

I had no idea Baby was so big! She is absolutely beautiful too! How she fits her big fanny on that tiny corner is beyond me ; )

Awesome jelly cabinet. Can you come redo my tv cabinet for me? He hee . . . Enjoy the gorgeous weather, Donna!

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Hi Donna,
I think BABY is TOO SWEET and adds such character to your vignette! Baby is GORGEOUS and although I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE your project and it's results "She Stole the scene & My Heart"!
Have a wonderful week,
Donna

Debra@CommonGround said...

She's definitely gorgeous and knows how to "work it"! Kitties deserve to be spoiled (most of the time)!