Thursday, April 19, 2012

Swan Song...

The vintage swan Paint-by-Number that hangs in our dining room is now
 framed within a frame.

 It wasn't always. Although the decorations in the bay window and the table &
hutch vignettes are always changing...

... the swan painting remains a constant.

(Same photo using PicMonkey!)

I'm not sure if I'll leave it like this forever, but for now I'm liking the extra chippy detailing.

My photo software's (contrast) Levels AutoFix really emphasizes the dimension and crackling.

Lots of worn wood underneath the chippy paint...

... and an amazing scrolly medallion on top.

Joining Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend!!

Donna


9 comments:

Elaine said...

Pretty swan painting and I love the frame. Yes, I would keep it on display year round too.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Beautiful Swan song:)

June said...

Your cottage truly is enchanted Donna. Such beautiful glimpses into it too. I really do love that chippy white frame!!!!

Susan said...

I like it, Donna. Looks nice. Thanks for sharing. Susan

Claudia said...

I love it that way, Donna! Yay for your great idea, my friend.

xo
Claudia

Anne said...

That is REALLY beautiful, Donna! I love it!
Hugs,
Anne

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Donna;

I am loving the look of frame on frame,,,it is just lovely....

hugs;
Alaura

Victoria said...

Hi Donna, I just came across your lovely blog and added myself as a follower. Your home looks so cozy and beautiful! I can't believe that painting is a paint by number, it looks so pretty with the chippy old frame around it:)

Sandy said...

Love the swan and the frame is perfect. Your home is so pretty.