Wednesday, April 25, 2012

White on white on white

Today I'm sharing some of the white decorations...

scattered throughout the house...

These two LARGE white cats are made of different materials.
They were found at different thrift stores, at different times,
but they've clearly bonded.

Birds can be spotted everywhere...



There's a lot of white on the mantel...


And as you may have noticed...

...buttons are a recurring theme.

 Creamy white fringe...

...on white lamps...

...and white battenburg lace runners or valances cover tables.

A flea market kitty.

One of the above birds was a gift (thank you, Jill!) and one was purchased. 
Everything else came from thrift stores, yard sales, flea markets and the like.

Now this kitty, my favorite find of all, didn't come from any of those places.

No.... with her little tufted toes...

 "Like a graceful vase, a cat - even when motionless - seems to flow."
George F. Will

... she was found in a little animal shelter cage, 
the BEST place to shop if you're looking for a sweet ball of fur 
to grace every inch of your home and heart!

 "I love cats because I enjoy my home; 
and little by little, they become its visible soul." 
(Jean Cocteau)

Please feel free to check out the many adoption sites on my sidebar
where you'll find a multitude of animals,
all waiting for their guardian angel (you!) to rescue them
and give them the love and home that they so deserve

Have a beautiful week!

I'm joining White Wednesday at Faded Charm  and Show and Tell Friday this week. Please stop by!

Have a wonderful week!

Donna

10 comments:

Denise said...

Such a pretty tour of white's,I loved what I saw :) Thank you Denise

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, all of your whites are gorgeous. Your little furry ball of cuteness is adorable. hugs ~lynne~

Claudia said...

We were thinking alike! Absolutely, adopting from a shelter or rescue group is the best thing in the world to do. Love your Baby. And your whites are beautiful.

xo
Claudia

Susan said...

Hi Donna....Nice white kitties but Baby beats them all. Susan

Sandy said...

Love the whites and your kitties are pretty. I think our next dog will be an older rescue. I'd like to give a 7 or 8 year old dog a chance. Many times shelters put them down because of their age. I'd love to make the final years of a senior dog peaceful, safe and loving. I like cats but I'm allergic to them.

Sandy said...

Hi Donna, I left a comment but don't know what happened. I'll try again. Love the white room and the pretty kitties. I think I'd like to adopt a senior dog when our current dogs go to rainbow bridge. Many times shelters put down older dogs because they feel they aren't adoptable. I'd love to give a senior dog a nice loving, peaceful and safe home for their final years. I like cats but I'm allergic to them.

Rose Garden Malevik said...

White is always fresh :)
and do not miss.....

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

Anonymous said...

Your white on white post is so refreshing and lovely~~~

Jan

Elaine said...

Baby is so beautiful! She has a great coat and those tufted toes, adorable! I do love kitty toes.

My friend just rescued a momma and her five babies. And now he has to find homes for them. It never ends!

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I love white on white with MORE whites! So Clean and refreshing! "AND" I (((LOVE))) your kitty! He makes your setting PERFECT!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs,
Donna