Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring + Sunlight = Happy!

The warm spring sun was shining through the window the other morning and I had to grab my camera!

This time of year is so exciting when you live in a region known for harsh winters 
 (although I have to admit that here in New England, we had a pretty easy time of it this year!)

I set up this spring vignette on a little table that sits in the dining area of our small split entry, using things from other areas of the house.

The birds flanking the nest were 'borrowed' from the mantel.

They're such a pretty 'mottled' shade of robins egg blue (a favorite of mine).

I know they're not robins, but they are guarding the three pale blue eggs in the nest until Mrs. Robin returns.
The nest was originally purchased as an ornament several years ago 
(nests in Christmas trees are considered good luck).
I like to keep it in the house year-round.

I love the quote on this frame, "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing," by Mark Twain. The girls were hamming it up one Christmas morning, trying on their new cloche hats, complete with tags hanging down and stuffing still inside the hats to helped keep their shape.
(It seemed an appropriate photo for this particular frame!)

One of my favorite lampshades with a very spring-like pattern.

The sun was shining through the "faux" plant in this cherub planter.

And now the sun has gone behind some clouds, but that doesn't change the fact that
SPRING has arrived here in New England!

Pop over to Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home to visit everyone else participating this week.

Have a beautiful Easter weekend, everyone!

Donna

12 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Donna,
Yes, I love the sunshine too. I just love your little birds and wish I could visit your lovely home in person.

Blessings this Easter Weekend. ~Natalie

Claudia said...

Oh, I know! Sunlight and Spring make all the difference in the world. Enjoy the weather, my friend.

xo
Claudia

A New England Life said...

Doesn't that spring sun feel wonderful! I love it too and have been taking pictures, setting up vignettes. The animals lie in the warm sunbeam coming through the back door every day. Sometimes I sit in it with them!

Love all your pretty things, Donna. The girls are just beautiful! I know they must have got their looks from someone . . . ; )

chateau chic said...

Such a sweet vignette on your little table. You have a pretty bay window to let the sunshine in.
I'm a new follower and hope you'll stop by.
Mary Alice

Susan said...

Hi Donna. Great shots! Love your swan picture and curtain valence, too. Thanks for sharing.

You are right, we had a VERY easy winter this year. Hope next winter we don't get clobbered.

Take care. Susan

Sherrie said...

It's so exciting that Spring is here! I love this time of year, especially that the days get a little longer. The sunlight streaming through your window is such a treat! Thank you for sharing.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Donna you truly have an enchanted cottage. I love all of your beautiful vignettes. This is such a wonderful post! I would love it if you would share this at our WIW linky party. Hope to see you there.

Paula
ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

Martha said...

I love taking pictures with different sunlight -- sometimes the camera can't capture what the eye does but you did very well! And you have some lovely things!

Starry Dawn said...

Hi Donna,
I just love your awesome blog!!
So, I decided to join as your new follower. I love animals and mother nature too!!
Awesome, just an outstanding blog!!
Happy Easter with all your loved ones, sweet Donna!!
If you find a moment to visit me, please, take a look at My Journals Blog, and My Natural Environment Blog, or others if you wish...
I am a Conservationist of Our Natural Environment Protection, and an animal's advocate. I am also a freelance writer, poet, song-writer, lyricist, artist, etc. I hope you have a wonderful Holy Easter weekend, Donna.
God bless you all the way!!
The Very Best for all of you,
Poet & Song-Writer Starry Dawn.

Charmingdesigns said...

nice job taking pictures.

EllenaElizabeth said...

What a lovely post. I do love all your photos and your lampshade really took my eye. Thanks for sharing.

Lynn B said...

Hi Donna, thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog. Love your style, Hugs, Lynn