Thursday, June 17, 2010

The welcome committee....

The seasonal decor may change on the front stoop...


...but the welcome committee never does.


During the spring and summer, colorful blossoms sit on the old bench... In the fall it's pumpkins and gourds, and in the winter it's outdoor poinsettias...


But Mr. and Mrs. Bunny are always peeking through or over whatever is placed around them...


They're our offical "welcome committee."


Last week our elusive bunny made an unexpected mid-day appearance.

We hadn't seen him in weeks, so we were quite excited to see him back again.


I think Mr. & Mrs. Bunny have a lot to do with attracting Mr. Wild Bunny to our yard. Twice he's been caught hanging out by the front stoop with these two. Neither time did I have my camera with me. Now that would be a picture!
Now hop on over to see Cindy (My Romantic Home) where you'll find a post on her beautiful new bed crown as well as a list of all the other bloggers taking part in Show & Tell Friday!

Donna

14 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a darling welcome committee. We have a couple of bunnies that play out by the barn each evening, they are just so cute romping and playing together..hugs ~lynne~

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Mr. & Mrs. Bunny make quite the charming welcome! Their "friend" is a cutie too!!
:)
~Becca~

Joanne Kennedy said...

We have a bunny by our front door too. No real ones though :( Wish I did.

Hugs,
Joanne

Southern Lady said...

I love bunnies. I have one at my back patio door. Your welcoming committee is doing a great job! Carla

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

What beautiful pots! And cute bunnies too. Although I have to say that I've had it with the rabbits in our yard. Those little things have eaten my impatients and hostas. Not cool. :)

Claudia said...

Your little bunnies are so cute! I bet your real bunny thinks he's found some friends. We have bunnies on our property, too, and I always love seeing them. Usually I will see them outside right near the kitchen window. An area that is protected and relatively safe - plus lots of grass to chew.

xo
Claudia

raggygirlvintage said...

So cute, "real" bunny must think he has new friends!
Tracey

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a welcoming front porch! No wonder that bunny feels so welcome. Hope you can catch a picture of him someday.

Brenda Pruitt said...

You have a wonderful welcome committee that beckon you to enter.
Brenda

Elaine said...

Bunnies on the doorstep. That is quite welcoming.

I have two real bunnies hanging around the yard. Oscar loves to watch them from the window but Molly could care less.

joyh82 said...

love that pretty seasonal decor with the flowers and the bunnies. Have a great week!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love your entryway ~ that looks so pretty! I also love your "welcoming committee"! I collect some of those myself. We have wild rabbits in our front and backyards and this past month I've been watching a little baby rabbit discover the yard. I should take a picture before he gets too big!

Donna said...

I swear that my Marty has NOT been wandering over to your yard! LOL.

*Ulrike* said...

Your bunnies are calling all the others to come on over and join the party at their pretty place!