Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pink Money!

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY
(ABBA song from Mamma Mia!)
I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay
(village women) Ain't it sad...
And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me
(village women) That's too bad...

Oh how I love Mamma Mia (a shameless plug for my "guilty pleasure" favorite movie of the year!)... And I'm sure we can all relate to the first few lines of Money, Money, Money! With the stock market plunging, retirement funds dwindling, and college tuition soaring, these are very trying times for many people. And believe me, I'm not trying to make light of these issues (they affect us personally, as they do many of you... Our oldest just graduated after four years of college and our youngest is currently in college)... But that being said, I'm going to try to laugh rather than cry about money, money, money!!


And since I have to go through the monthly ritual of paying bills, I figured I might as well do it in style! So I searched high and low for a pretty bill case to keep my receipts and paid bills in and found this pretty pink one at Wal Mart last year...


I also keep some of my office supplies (pens, pencils, and even PINK scissors) in this cute little twin planter... It's so feminine with its little pink roses...



Okay, so now that all of the bills have been paid, it's time to tackle some other projects... "What is this?" you may be asking yourself...


Why it's my handy, dandy PINK toolbox! And while I doubt I'll ever have to rehang shutters like Meryl Streep did in Mamma Mia during the Money, Money, Money song (second shameless plug ... you'd think I was getting royalties from the movie!), I did use it to hang my vintage swan paint-by-number that you see in the background!


Yup - just look at all those pink tools that I can get into trouble with! I can measure and snip and hammer and wrench things to my heart's content :)

And be sure to stop by Sunday as I'm going to do a blog giveaway with an autumn/Halloween theme... It won't be up long because I want to get it in the mail to whoever wins so they can enjoy it during the month of October (which is almost here!!!)

But for now, be sure to stop by Beverly's blog, How Sweet the Sound, to see her PINK Saturday post, and to find a list of all the other bloggers who are posting PINK Saturday items!

Donna

23 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hey Donna, Happy Pink Saturday to you!! Yes, in light of the stock market I can truefully say it should be "Red" Saturday for all of the lose we are taking right now..LOL Laughter is the best medicine by all means so I watch in disbelief and hope for a good solution to all of it. After all, we've got too many things left to do in life to be having this sort of nonsense go on!! :0)

Hugs, Stephanie

Adrienne said...

Hi Donna -
I bought a similar little case at WalMart. Mine is lavendar. I love yours in pink. Your toolbox is wonderful. I asked for a toolbox for Christmas several years ago, visualizing and hinting about one like yours. What did I get? A cute little red, metal toolbox. My sweetheart works for Stanley Tools so he bought me the mini toolbox from Stanley, filled with special tools they only did for a short time - pastel handled tools. He added all of the basics and then on top he carefully laid a bottle of my favorite perfume! I use my toolbox often and always remember the look on his face when I saw the perfume in my toolbox.
~Adrienne~

Connie said...

Shameless,shameless, I tell ya, honey pie!!! LOL But I DO love the pinkkkkkkKKK, little chick! It shows "STYLE"AND "CLASS"!! LOL
Smooches,
Connie

Baby Vagabond said...

That Pink toolbox is exactly what my daughter needs! I will have to keep my eyes out for that. Happy Pink Saturday!

:-) Rosie

Protector of Vintage said...

Love the pink office supplies and tool box! Take care~

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

A PINK tool case? How cool is that!

Love your post!

~ Gabriela ~

Brenda Pruitt said...

Love that pink tool box! Just what I need.
Brenda

Grandma Faith said...

I like how you have made paying the bills more cheerful. Those pink tools are so cool. Take care.

Unknown said...

Mama Mia was so good, and I would even look forward to paying my bills if they were pretty in pink. My mom has that pink tool kit and so do I. Happy Pink Saturday, Karen

Dawn said...

How neat to have a pink toolbox! No honey-dos! LOL! Happy Pink.

SmilingSally said...

Pink tool container...good idea. Happy Pink Saturday!

Kim said...

Love your pink accordian file folder and took box. Who ever said that functional still can't be pretty??

Unknown said...

Oh Donna, I too am finding it hard right now trying to find loans for my son. He only has a year and a half left, and this year we are having to pay cash. OUCH! Our daughter is a junior in HS and will be pursuing a carer as a surgeon, so no end in sight for the college tuition. Ugh!

Something to possibly cheer you up, I am having a 100th Blog Post Giveaway. Interested? Come see me.

I love the pink bill keeper. Very pretty with the white flourishes.
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Donna.

I love this post. And, I agree that difficult tasks can be more fun in pink.

Miss Rhea said...

Hee Hee !! I went and saw it TWICE !! lol !! Gosh, now don't go making bill paying attractive !! lol !! Cute post !! Happy Pink Saturday !! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Donna,
An old boy friend many years ago bought me a pink tool case similar to yours. It was labeled Do-It-Herself Tool Kit.... My husband as since managed to work them into his tools. It looks so silly seeing the pink handles in with his manly tools. : )

~Liz~

Katie said...

I guess I'd best see this movie now! Happy Pink Saturday!

imjacobsmom said...

A girl's gotta work in style -Happy Pink Saturday! ~ Robyn

Joanne Kennedy said...

Hey, I have that same tool set! Like minds think alike!

I so want that bill payer! So cute and those pink scissors are darling.

Hugs,
Joanne

KatCollects said...

I NEED pink tools : ) How great are those! Hope your Saturday was a great one.
Kathy

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Donna!

Love your Pink Saturday PINKness! What a darling tool box! LOL! I need one of those!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Margie said...

I Love your *pink* bill case! It's so pretty, it must help take the sting out of paying bills each month! I've wanted one of those *pink* tool kits for a while, now, I must get one! Every gal needs her own *pink* toolbox and *pink* tools!

Margie :)

Life on the Edge said...

Love all your pink things! That as an absolutely adorable bill case! Pretty pencil holder too, and I want one of those pink toolboxes! Maybe then my sons would quit stealing my tools!

Kady