Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Strolling through the Back Bay

Luckily Court isn't on the other side of the country because we forgot a few 'college dorm' items at home (but that's okay... it gave me another chance to see her tonight!!) This time, my sister and I took a little walk through the Back Bay after having dinner with Courtney... So come along if you'd like.... I just can't get enough of these beautiful old homes, brick sidewalks, and tree lined streets!

The sun was setting as I took most of these photos, so I apologize for the quality of some...


The doors are all so beautiful, all so unique!


Intricate wrought iron gates and railings are everywhere...


It was dark enough that foyer and front porch lights were being turned on as we walked around...


Beautiful staircases lead to the front doors of most of the homes...


I love the tall, oversized windows in so many of the homes...


Many of the doors are painted black, which is so striking...


There are so many carved and intricate details on the homes...


This little tree is in a courtyard between two sets of entryways... This is one...


And this is the other...


Each home has its own distinct personality...


Another beautiful wrought iron fence...

This front entryway and courtyard were so pretty... I love all the glass around the entryway...

Even the simplest of fences look elegant...

I'll bet there's a beautiful view from the rooftop garden of this home...

This home had beautiful vines climbing up to the second story...


This courtyard had beautiful roses in bloom... My photo does not do it justice.
I just loved this garden and fence...

So many beautiful old homes in Boston....

But it really is starting to get dark...


So it's time to make our way back to the car and bid farewell to Boston for now... But we will be back soon... Of that I am certain...

Donna

17 comments:

Sometimes It's Good said...

What a gorgeous place to live. Won't it be pretty at Christmas time? I'm going to have to visit Boston.

Stacy said...

As a Massachusetts girl, and a lover of my sweet Boston, I thank you for the beautiful pics. My hubby went to Northeastern U and we used to love walking around there all the time.

Do you live in Mass???

~Stacy

Deb said...

Hello Donna
Wonderful tour of homes through Boston - what a lovely trip you had! I'm posting today about "Good Dog. Stay" the book I noticed on your side bar. Thanks again for the recommended reading - it came at the "ideal" time.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I enjoyed the walk very much. I've always wondered what it would be like to live in one of those row houses. Thanks for sharing and
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Rue said...

Hi Donna :)

I hated school, but I might have wanted to go just to live in Boston and look at those beautiful homes everyday ;)

Thank you for the tour. I really really really enjoyed it :)

hugs,
rue

Kim's Treasures said...

Thank you for the beautiful tour! I love the old homes!

Hope your day is going great!
Kim

The Liberty Belle said...

Thank you for sharing such lovely pictures.

Glenda said...

I adore this style of home. They always seem so romantic.

The glow of the lights in the homes make them seem so warm and inviting.

Thanks for sharing Boston.

Ciao

Anonymous said...

Those are some of the most elegant homes I have ever seen.... I wonder how old they are? So pretty... so neat and well kept...
Hugs
Linda

Life on the Edge said...

Oh my gosh! Those homes are simply amazing! Wow! They take my breath away. How lucky for Courtney that she gets to live amid all this! How come there weren't places like this when I was in college? lol

Thanks for sharing. I really loved these last two posts with the beautiful houses and architecture (not like you've ever had a post I didn't love!).

Kady

{oc cottage} said...

How cool! You know, out here, our idea of old is a bit different than
you guys in the colonies! I love those old buildings! The brick!! WOW!

M ^..^

Kathy said...

What a lovely stroll, thanks for taking us along with you. I've always wanted to visit Boston and you have just made me want to see it that much more.

Thanks for sharing your evening stroll with us.

Kathy said...

I like your blog so much that I am passing along an award to you. If you would like to display it please come on over to my blog to receive it. The award gif and rules are in the post "I Got an Award".

Claudia said...

Love your photos! I was a professor at Boston University for five years and I loved nothing more than walking around Boston and Cambridge (where I lived.) The photos bring back great memories. My husband has never been to Boston and I can't wait to show it to him.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I happened upon your blog and enjoyed looking at those homes. They were beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

I wanna go to Boston now! Thank you for sharing!

~~Liz~~

Vee said...

So pretty! I love visiting Boston. The windowboxes alone are worth the trip! Nothing like that warm, humid weather for flowers.