Saturday, September 13, 2008

PINK Saturday - Better late than never!

Who knew that cleaning out temporary Internet files would fix my picture posting problem!!

For PINK Saturday, I'd like to share my favorite hooked rug chair pads... I think they transitioned nicely from primitive to cottage!


I like to use these chair pads as 'doilies' or table covers. Spotty definitely prefers sitting on a nice, soft chair pad rather than the hard tabletop when he's "oh so busy" watching Sammy Squirrels and Chips out the window...


I also like to use a chair pad as a placemat for my vase of "fake" flowers on the dining room table (shhhh, don't tell HGTV - I think "fake" flowers was #1 on their list of the 25 biggest decorating mistakes!!!)...


Chair pads can make a nice 'backdrop' when photographing items to share on my blog :)


And, believe it or not, chair pads sometimes even get used on the chairs in our little cottage!

Be sure to stop by Beverly's "How Sweet The Sound" to see her pink Saturday post, as well as a list of all the bloggers participating in today's PINK Saturday!!!

Donna

19 comments:

Connie said...

I'm sure enjoying your love blog, sweetpea. Such a sweet name for a blog or a cottage actually. Makes me dream of woods and enchanted places to visit and little cottages in those woods. What a pleasant thought.....
Smooches,
Connie

Connie said...

I meant "lovely" blog!! LOL
Smooches,
Connie

Missy Wertz said...

You got your pink post to work! Like the chair pads. Happy Pinks Saturday!

Unknown said...

Those are very nice chair pads. Your kitty is very sweet looking. I love cats.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful hooked rug. Happy Pink Saturday.

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

That is such a sweet chairpad.
Oh, I'd be in trouble with HGTV police too; I have faux roses everywhere! :)
Please stop by my blog; I am having a giveaway!

pedalpower said...

Very pretty pink!

I'm having a giveaway on my Home Again blog, if you'd like to drop by.

Robin said...

the chair pads are lovely and I like how you include them in different settings....cute kitty and I LOVE your windows!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what emptying out your "temporary files" can do. I adore your kitty kat header and the sweet story about her. Happy belated Pink Saturday. ;0 Lynn

Susan Hickam said...

I adore your chair pads! And Mrs. B was a lovely lady. I have two sweet purring machines myself and two dogs currently(one choclate lab (who snores a happy snore when she is being petted(purr envy i think) and a pappillion. Happy pink saturday.

Life on the Edge said...

These are adorable and so pretty! Concerning fake flowers, oh go ahead and use them, I do! The way I figure, who can afford the real thing? I think they enhance a room, not take from it.

Kady

Deb said...

Sweet little chair pads. I love the photo of your sweet cat "squirrel watching" :-) I noticed a little madonna figurine at our local animal shelter charity shop - seeing how lovely yours is, I think I will return and see if it is still there!

Unknown said...

Awe! Cute kitty warming the chair pad...: ) Sweet!
~Liz~

Neabear said...

Fake flowers are okay with me. They don't die and you don't need to worry about spilling the water. I use them in my guest bath. It is too dark to use the real thing, so fake works. Love your blog. The chair pads are so cool.

KatCollects said...

I hope you had a great weekend! Happy Pink Weekend.
Kathy

Joanne Kennedy said...

Very pretty. I really like that you found other ways to use them. Looks like the little fur baby likes it too.

I've seen several pictures of different Mary statutes. I was wondering if you collect them?

Hugs,
Joanne

Em said...

Very cute!! Your cottage looks so cozy :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love those hook pad the colors are my favorite.....I won't tell... we all need a little fake now and again..
HUgs
Linda

{oc cottage} said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, your banner is the best ever! LOOK at those whiskers! That is the cutest thing!!!!!

M ^..^