Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pink Flamingos in New England!

Okay, it truly doesn't get any pinker than this! I happened to notice (i.e., love / covet) a pair of bright pink flamingos at someones house over the summer...

We had their daughter as a house guest a few weeks ago, and what do you think she brought as a thank you gift for us having her????


Yes!!! My very own pink flamingos! And look there - it's actually spelled right out on the box that everyone who comes into my yard is going to have a smile on their face thanks to this dynamic duo! Another huge plus - these little pink babies were made right here in the USA!! Now that made me smile!!


So here are Mr. & Mrs. F, checking out the backyard... (They're a little out of their element here in New England...)


It's been very cold the past few days and nights, so I expect they'll be sticking pretty close to each other to keep warm through the New England fall and winter...


Uh oh... Mrs. F just spotted our backyard birdhouse... I think she might give my Sammy Squirrel family a run for their money if she decides to make it her winter home... Perhaps I should let Mr. & Mrs. F live in the shed over the winter. Something tells me that they just won't appreciate all the snow that we get up here...

Now you should all fly over to Beverly's blog, How Sweet the Sound, to check out her pink Saturday post and to find a list of all the other bloggers participating in this week's Pink Saturday!!!

Donna

22 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the picture of Mrs. F's head with the birdhouse in the background. You have brought a smile to my face - I thank you.

Margie said...

tee hee hee! I LOVE the pic with Mrs. F and the birdhouse! She really looks like she's eyeballing that house! She already has plans for each room! I know what color paint she'll be using for her walls. I'm sure she'll have plenty to share in her house for *pink* Saturdays!

They might need some little knitted sweaters to get through the winter months! *pink* of course!

Tricia said...

I don't know why, I just love pink Flamingos too. They truly make me smile. My girlfriend and I have a pair that we tag each other with all the time.

Life on the Edge said...

I love the pink flamingos! Yes, I'd smile too with that pair in my garden!

In my hometown, they had a fundraising prank involving pink flamingos. You would wake up and find about 50 on your lawn, and the club wouldn't come get them until you paid them $25. It was all in fun and for a good cause. It was sure quite a sight! lol

Kady

Lisa & Alfie said...

Yup Donna,
I think that last photo of Mrs F and the birdhouse needs to be entered in a contest or something as it made me laugh out loud as well. I was born in Florida and live in California so they are pretty familiar. However, yours will have a lot less competition where you live. Very cute.
Lisa & Alfie

Sherry Goodloe said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Pink flamingos ARE the best *smiles*

Nola said...

Dare I even mention this? I saw a magazine (maybe ABC or Oriental Trading) that sold PF's with their own wardrobe! Different outfits for different seasons and holidays. I never got them, but I did put santa hats on mine a couple of years ago!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Donna.

I am certain Mr. and Mrs. F will make all of your visitors smile. They sure made me smile this morning.

Miss Rhea said...

Now, who wouldn't love to have a pair of those !! :) Very Cute !! Happy Pink Saturday !!

SmilingSally said...

lol They do make me smile. Happy Pink Saturday!

Glennis said...

Now that's a fun gift! She must have known about Pink Saturday.

Love the brightness of pink flamingos in the yard.

Unknown said...

Your pink flamingos actually look gorgeous in your garden. These are wonderful and yes what is it about pink flamingos, but they do make us smile. Happy Pink Saturday. Karen

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

LOVE IT! They do make me smile!

Happy Pink Saturday,
Hugs,
Deborah

Virginia said...

Flamingos, makes me smile. It add a fun addition to your garden. Love it!
Blessings, virginia

suesueb said...

cute! i was worrying about the snow for them-glad they'll be indoors!! have a happy pink week.

Betty said...

Too cute! I've always wanted one of those pink flamingos! Have a wonderful Pink Weekend!

Connie said...

THAT really made me smile. My daughter and I have a continuing joke about pink flamingos. I even have 2 lotion dispensers that look like pink flamingoes although, they're more coral than pink! LOL
Smooches, sweet chick,
Connie

One Knit One Purl said...

Happy Pink Saturday! My sister Karen from http://scrapbookofinspiration.blogspot.com introduced me to Pink Saturday.

Your pink post is very nice and I love pink flamingos!

Take care,
Susan

Sherrie said...

Hi Donna,
Your Pink Flamingo's are Awesome!! I have always wanted some for my garden. Maybe next year!! Take Care!!!

Sherrie

Unknown said...

How sweet! What a fun gift and of course so unexpected to be seen in New England.
Tammy ;D

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

LOL! I love flamingos! Hugs, Pat

Kris said...

Love the pink flamingos. Happy Pink Saturday...2 days late :)

Kris