Monday, October 12, 2009

Cottage Halloween Decor...

No orange pumpkins here... but if pink with white polka dots is to your liking, or maybe blue, green, or creamy white, you've come to the right place!


I'm happy to report that the photo pumpkins I made last year survived just fine after being stored in the backyard shed since last October (through the New England extremes of a bitter cold winter and hot, humid summer)...


These three photo pumpkins are being displayed on the little 3-tier garden table I brought in from the deck....


Spotty enjoyed a warm afternoon in the bay window yesterday while keeping the lamp bandit company...


Patience is sporting a pumpkin on top of her lampshade for Halloween...


... and some of my other fabric pumpkins from Ronda's Tempting Textiles shop are lining the entry steps of our little split level cottage...

So that's the extent of the Halloween decor inside the house this year. If you'd like to make your own photo pumpkins, here are the step-by-step instructions from last year...
Hope you're all enjoying the beautiful month of October...
Donna (who is still pining for summer while enjoying autumn)

12 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

No orange pumpkins indoors for me either. I do the colorful leaves like in your previous post and that is enough for me.
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

The Curious Cat said...

Wow - I love the pumpkins on the stair! Fabulous! Pumpkin photos are quite a novel idea as well! Cool! xxx

Lisa said...

LOVE THIS! AND YOUR HOUSE!

HUGS FROM MAINE!

Julie Marie said...

Hello Donna, your soft pastel pumpkins are beautiful, and I LOVE Spotty! Kitty kisses Spotty! Bisous... Julie Marie

Anonymous said...

Hi, Donna! I've never seen the photo pumpkins before! Cute!

Anonymous said...

Morning, Donna! Oh, I love your softness of Halloween color in your pretty home! Seems your little fuzzy face likes it too!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Claudia said...

Love the photo pumpkins, Donna! What a great idea - and the line of pumpkins going up the stairs is so charming!

I'm glad to hear someone else stores things in the shed - we have an ongoing mouse problem there - so I store things in big plastic bins and pray that they stay safe! (There's only so much storage space in our little cottage!)

Lisa said...

Photo pumpkins, brilliant! My decor usually gets fried in the attic, not ideal in the desert sun for sure!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I didn't think a pink polka dotted pumpkin was my cup of tea until I saw how cute your's is, Donna!

Love all the pumpkins lined up on teh stairs too!

Kate said...

Your photo pumpkins are fabulous! What a great idea! I might have to give those a try!

Lisa said...

So glad your pumpkins made it! They are lovely!
Hugs, Lisa

Lacy said...

It looks very nice.