Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Vintage autumn birdcage....

"Autumn is a second spring when
every leaf is a flower."
Albert Camus (1913-1960)

Peek-a-boo!!! Look who's chirping hello from his nest of autumn leaves....

His cage was looking pretty sad before the autumn leaves were tucked into it, the impatiens having succumbed to the very cold temps we've been having at night.

So today, in the middle of a morning shower, I removed the 6-packs of (dead) impatiens and replaced them with sprigs of autumn leaves...


The brilliant orange is a nice contrast against the blue cage... I may not fully appreciate the colder weather of Autumn, but I am in constant awe of its beauty!


So for now, I must bid fond farewell to the colors of summer...

"Autumn is a season followed immediately by
looking forward to spring. "
(Doug Larson)
...who must have lived in New England, because I totally relate to that quotation!!
Donna

8 comments:

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

How clever you are....great ideas.

Blessings,
Spencer

Old Time Cindy said...

Love this post...quotes, the color aqua, bird and cage, and fall decorating! :)
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna! How sweet is this! Now keep the kittys away! ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Donna said...

I love that decorating idea!

Claudia said...

I love the leaves, Donna. My impatiens are looking pretty sad and will succumb to our cold temperatures very soon, I'm afraid! It always makes me sad. It seems to be cold a little early here!

Julie Marie said...

Hello Donna and thank you for your sweet comments on my posts today...the pie crust is my favorite too! And I love a good ghost story! Your Autumn birdcage is darling, I love it! And that quote is great, I feel the same way... our Indian Summer is fading and I dread the winter to come... will visit with you again soon... wish we lived closer... we could watch old I Love Lucy's together... I have every single one memorized! Bisous... Julie Marie Kitty kisses!

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a fine and colorful nest of leaves to rest upon! He looks like royalty perched there.
Brenda

Elaine said...

Love the autumn leaves and they look great against the blue. Birdie probably likes the change too.