Friday, October 23, 2009

They're everywhere! They're everywhere!

I don't know how many crows they're scaring...


...but these guys are popping up...


...everywhere I go!


All of these lovelies are located in Weston, MA....


I get to see them every time I go in and out of Boston...


...and since they're right on the road I take to the Mass Pike, I get to see them quite often....

I took these photos a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately the foliage hadn't really started to turn ...

This farm stand behind the field looks so cute. I really need to stop in sometime...

Well, I don't see a single crow, so these guys must be doing a good job!


I do have to admit, though, that when I drive by late at night...


... and there are no other cars on this dark road, they look a little bit spooky!!!

And if you're ever driving through Northborough, MA...

...these guys are right off Main Street...


...lined up in front of the playground....


Blue jean babies, for sure!


....but that's where the similarities end... They each have their own distinctive personalities!


Scarecrows... a sure sign that autumn is upon us!


Donna

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Ive never seen anything like it!Its amazing, they are unique alright!
Sue

Anil P said...

That's quite a variety for scarecrows, but I would imagine crows are smarter than us :-)

Julie Marie said...

Hi Donna, I LOVE all the scarecrows! How fun! And you must stop at that farm stand, that would be my very favorite place to go! Bisous... Julie Marie

A New England Life said...

They really are everywhere aren't they! Seems many towns are getting in on the scarecrow act these days and I think it's a great small-town idea. I know Portsmouth has them all over town too. One day this week maybe I'll get out to shoot some of them.

You better go to that farm stand soon before they close!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow I have never seen so many scarecrows and so nicely dressed. Thanks for sharing.

Willow

Lacy said...

They are hilarious! I love scare crows!

Have you ever read "The Scarecrow's Dance" by Jane Yoley?

My heavens! It's the sweetest children's Halloween book I've ever read and my favorite. (All three of my children love it!)

Claudia said...

What a neat bunch of scarecrows! I love seeing them - having just worked on the Wizard of Oz, I start thinking that they are from another era and no one makes them anymore. Then I see your post - Voila! They are alive and well.

xo
Claudia

Anonymous said...

I am stopping over from Mockingbird Hill Cottage. What a great bunch of dummies you found. I need one of those for my Halloween Party.

Lisa said...

I love scarecrows! This is just the best collection!
Hugs, Lisa

the undomesticated wife said...

I love them! And I love that they are homemade and not the store bought ones. So cool!

Jill said...

These are really great.....oh see some Halloween art in those. Wish I had the energy to do that to my yard!