Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Orbs... Dust? Or Loved Ones?

I honestly have no idea, but I'd like to believe they're loved ones....

Orb Story #1
While taking Amanda back to college in Feb. 2005, we took a little detour so I could drive her past the apartment I lived in as a kid (from summer 1959 - summer 1960). What are the odds that it was vacant with a FOR RENT sign on it? We called the phone # listed and the landlord agreed to let us view the apartment "for old time's sake" (sooo nice of him!)... My sister happened to be with us, so that made it even more special! Before the landlord showed up to let us in I silently asked my mom, who we lost almost 13 years ago, to join us as we revisited our old home...

(feel free to click any orb photos to enlarge them )
This apartment holds wonderful memories (I fell in love with windowseats because of this room!). I took many photos that day. It wasn't until I got home and looked at them on my computer that I realized I had multiple orbs, something I'd never had in any of my photos up until that day. Here's one in the dining room (I've tried to put arrows wherever I spotted them in the photos)...
But it was this photo of Amanda that I found amazing! She was like an orb magnet! Perhaps my Mom took me up on my invitation to join us and also brought along my Nana, Gamp, aunt, uncle, and other loved ones who Amanda never met!
Maybe that explains why they're clustered all around her!

Orb story #2

A couple of weeks later when dad was over, we were talking about visiting the old apartment and how we wished he had come with us that day. While we were talking about it, the dining room light started flickering and I jokingly said to dad, "Mom must be here!" I told him I was going to take a photo of him, just for the heck of it, to see if anything showed up (I still couldn't get over the orbs in my apartment photos!)... Well, I didn't really expect to get another orb but, sure enough, there one was right between dad and the dining room chandelier that had been flickering...

Orb story #3

My sister cut this Family Circus cartoon out of the paper for me back in May of 1997, five months after our mom passed away. She knew it would remind me of Mom, who loved going to all of the girls' recitals, performances, or school plays... I love it so much that twelve years later I still have it hanging in my office.

(copyright Bil Keane)

A few years ago, when Court was still in high school, she was in a school play (naturally I took photos at those performances!)... When I opened up the following photo on my computer, I immediately thought of the Family Circus cartoon... I captured several orbs in the auditorium seating section, and I've often wondered if what I really captured was departed loved ones who had come to watch their children or grandchildren perform that evening, just as Bil Keane had depicted.
I've tried to put arrows where I spotted them.
After the play was over, more photos were taken out in the lobby, where this was taken...

There's an amazing orb pressed right up against Court's ear, and I love to think it's my mom whispering to Court that she did a fantastic job!


After all, mom and Court did have a special "ear to ear" connection... When Court learned to whisper she didn't quite grasp the concept of "lips to ear," so she'd put her little ear next to Mom's and whisper away, much to my mother's delight!

So again... dust or loved ones? I'm voting for loved ones!!

Donna

18 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

Not sure about the orbs... :)
But I love the details in that apartment!!!
The ear to ear whisper picture is precious.
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh hun that bought a tear to my eye! It soo has to be your mum!!
Ive captured 2 streaks of white blurry lights in between my husband and me during My sons christening and it gave me goosebumps. Def go with your instincts every time hun x
Annie x

Diva Kreszl said...

I would definitely vote for loved ones too! How special it is to know they surround us always.

Frugalious Living said...

I'm voting orbs! I especially like the one of the orb on your daughters ear, and then hearing and seeing a photo of the connection she had with her Grandma. It's amazing. Thanks so much for sharing!

Marcia
PS I think it's so neat you got to revisit your old home!

Claudia said...

I vote for loved ones, too! Amazing. You are becoming the Orb Queen! I would like to think that your loved ones are surrounding you, cheering you on!

Love the details in that apartment. They just don't build them like that anymore, do they?

Julie Marie said...

Hello Donna, of course it is your loved ones, they do not go away just because they have passed on, I don't mean they are not in Heaven, I just mean they can come and vist at will... they are always near you and watching over you... when I clicked to enlage the first photo, you have also captured an energy shot above the book that is laying there... I would take these as beautiful signs that your dear loved ones are close by... thank you for sharing such personal stories... Bisous... Julie Marie

Debra said...

I truly believe most orbs are our loved ones. I have a friend that sent me a blown up orb that she took in her living room. She asked me 'what do you see?' Clear as day I seen a golden retriever. She started screaming to her husband 'she see's him too!'

My psychic friend confirmed what I already knew, my uncle, dad and brother are around me at all times. One of them made the door fly open at Christmas and were also present in my photos (orbs).

I have many photos of my grandbaby after she was born. There were no orbs until one day I called out to my brother, dad & uncle to come see her. The photos before I called out had no orbs. After I called them, had several in about 5 photos.

So believe it's your mother watching over you and your family. Some people will just think we are crazy, but that's ok... we know that we are loved by those that have passed. :)

Jennifer said...

Beautiful Apartment.I really do believe its loved ones in the orbs.Hugs,Jen

Jennifer said...

Beautiful Apartment.I really do believe its loved ones in the orbs.Hugs,Jen

Lacy said...

I vote for loved ones!

The last picture is so sweet!

Vintage Sandy said...

I love this....I definitely believe it was your loved one's visiting how wonderful for you!

Peggy said...

Love the ear to ear!
It's comforting to know our lived ones are still around us.
We often find tinsel (my dad loved tinsel) and when we do we know dad is with us.
Peggy

Joanne Kennedy said...

Well Donna, you know what I believe they are! This post brought a tear to my eye. I have no doubts that your mom and other loved ones are still around.

I love that you called on your mom before you clicked your photos.

BTW, I just adore that apt you grew up in. I would love to live there. So lovely.

Hugs,
Joanne

Anonymous said...

I just love this post. I have always wondered about orbs myself and love hearing stories about them.

Willow

Tammy/Yesterday's Cottage said...

I prefer to think they're loved ones too! I visited an historic mansion with my sister-in-law and nieces last night across the river in southern Indiana. In October only they do a ghost tour, relating all the staff and volunteers' ghostly experiences in this beautiful home that was built in the 1860's. It was so interesting and fun! This morning when I checked my Facebook acct, one of my nieces had posted a picture she took of the outside of the property with what look like 20orbs dancing all around! She was freaked out but really excited as were all of us!

Sandy McClay said...

How wonderful that she comes to visit you! I believe that they do their best to check up on us as often as they can.....sweet sweet story and boy do I love that apartment!!!!!!

Allidink said...

Loved ones definitely! That is so neat! That apartment looks adorable too.

All the best,
Allison

Marlene-strawberry bunny said...

I believe in orbs and saw a lot of them when my Dad was so bad off before he passed ( I saw them before that too) and he would talk to them. It was kind of calming for him and for me in a strange to some way. I still see them often and feel almost like a hug( for lack of a better term) has just come thru the room. You are so lucky to have so many near you. I am also glad I am not the only one who has seen them I just wish I had a photo of them and not just in person. I love your blog have spent many hours reading it. Thank you for the smiles. Have a wonderful day. Marlene