Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy B-day, honey!

We took advantage of everyone being home for the holiday weekend to celebrate Amanda's birthday...


...which meant it was Amanda's day to wear the CELEBRATE birthday crown, and CELEBRATE we did!


Since Amanda is an artist, I thought I'd get a little "artsy" with some of the photos I took that night (I think this was a "pastel chalk" conversion or some such thing... it seemed like a good idea at the time!! ha ha). She requested mock meat tacos for dinner since she's a vegetarian, and this year, rather than black forest cake, she requested a strawberry cake with vanilla 'funfetti' frosting.


I love this photo of Amanda peeking through the Christmas chandelier of tinsel wreaths, sparkly birds and stars. The little dining area, which had already been decorated for Christmas, looked very festive for her birthday celebration. (And yes, we did end up having Thanksgiving dinner under the Christmas chandelier! That was a first!)


Court found a perfect card for her! I'm sure Amanda will end up displaying it above her painting desk, along with all of her other neat postcards, photos, and cards.

So happy birthday, honey! It was so wonderful having you and Courtney home this weekend (even if it did go by way too fast!!!) ... I love you and I hope that all your birthday wishes come true!!!!

Love and hugs,
Mumsy


P.S. I've tried to personally respond to everyone who left a comment on Spotty's post, but in some cases I couldn't find a blog or e-mail in order to do so... For everyone who left such kind words, you have no idea how comforting your comments and e-mails were. It's clear that you are all animal lovers. So many of you shared the pain of your own losses, and my heart goes out to each and every one of you.... Again, thank you all so much...

8 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

You did a wonderful job raising your beautiful daughters! They are both very lucky to have you as their mommy.

Hope you are doing ok and dealing with the loss of Spotty. I know how hard it is.

Big hugs,
Joanne

Julie Marie said...

What a beautiful crown on a beautiful girl... Happy Birthday Amanda! I hope all of your birthday wishes come true... Bisous... Julie Marie

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

I love love her crown !!! How much fun and so pretty !
xoxo
Lori

Claudia said...

Dear Donna,

First of all, I owe you an email and will be writing that later today, my friend.

Happy Birthday to Amanda! I love that Birthday Crown. She looks so lovely.

When I saw the bookcase, there was one in robins egg blue - of course, that's what I wanted. But the box was so damaged that I could see the parts were damaged, too. Too funny that you all were interested in it, too! We do have the same taste, don't we? All CTS had was the bookcase, no sign of a bedside table.

xoxo
Claudia

GwendolynKay said...

p.s I meant to tell you I love that crown the birthday girl is wearing. :)

GwendolynKay said...

So sorry to hear about your pet Spotty. I know we love out pets as we do our people. My thoughts are prayers are with you.
Gwen

Brenda Pruitt said...

Queen for a day! Every woman should get to be queen for a day. Been thinking about you and hoping you're okay. Glad you got to have your girls home.
Brenda

Elaine said...

Cool crown! Happy Belated Birthday to Amanda.

Love the Christmas Chandelier. I am planning to decorate my ceiling fan with garland and prisms to give it a chandelier look for the holidays.

Watching the Pats game as I type. They better get their act together soon!