Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A whining Witchy Woman... and lots more tweaking...

About a week ago I told you all I was sooooo lazy that I didn't even give Witchy Woman a scarf this year. Well she has been whining non-stop all week, begging for something a bit more than her pointy black hat...


And truth be told, I do understand. I mean Halloween is her holiday...


So I dug through my stash and found a vintage scarf and black clip-on flower for under her chin...



I'm happy to say she is feeling like the belle of the Witch's Ball now...


Okay, back to rearranging and tweaking... The pink polka-dotted pumpkin/pewter candleholder have been moved from the LR pie safe to the DR hutch...


...where the pewter candleholder now sits on the shelf beneath my Nana's photo (I am the lucky recipient of all of her china so she gets a place of honor over the hutch!)....

...and the pumpkin sits atop a small hobnail vase.

And the lamp that used to be on the LR pie safe is now on the little table next to the hutch...

It's nice to have a choice between soft lamp light and bright chandelier light at suppertime (maybe some day we'll get a dimmer for the overhead)...

I moved little Pete the Parakeet (in his HomeGoods cage) from the kitchen to the little DR table...


And last, but not least, I gave the top of the recycling bin a mini-makeover...

The swan was moved here from the half wall in order to make room for the fabric pumpkins...

I placed some of my favorite old books and a bird's nest around the swan, and it gives the top of this little recycling cabinet a whole new look...


So thanks for joining me while I tweaked this, and rearranged that, and gave in to a whining Witchy Woman...


I hear it might be SEVENTY DEGREES on Thursday so I might get to play outside, planting some bulbs!

I hope you all have fantastic weather wherever you are!!!
Donna

11 comments:

claudie said...

Wait a minute Donna, I know I haven't been here for a while.. and you have lost 33 lbs?????????
Watta go girl. I truly didn't see it at all, you sitting on that couch with your hubby. I bet you feel fab.
Now your Halloween posts are spooktacular indeed.
I just joined White Wednesday tonight. All your beautiful posts could be there.
Sending hugs from Claudie in Canada
Love Claudie
xoxoxo

Claudia said...

Hi Donna - you are having fun tweaking aren't you? Love Witchy Woman - she has elegance and style. Your recycling bin is such a great idea - we use those dreadful blue bins and keep them on the porch, but I really am not happy with them there. You've given me an idea!

70 degrees? Oh boy!

xo
Claudia

Old Time Cindy said...

The cooler weather is making us move our things around to be more pleasing. Looks very nice!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Lacy said...

Witchy woman should be delighted she looks so bewitching!

Julie Marie said...

Hello Donna, wow, everything is beautiful... I love how you arranged things on top of your recycling bin... I would have never guessed that was what that is! It looks fabulous! Bisous... Julie Marie

joyh82 said...

your diningroom is so cute. Love the chandeleir and the pumpkin with the picture of the cat on it :)

The Cutest Cottage Lamps said...

Hi Donna, your halloween decor is so cute! And your banner, very precious! And going thru your blog, I just love your home! So comfortable; you must live in an older home to have such gorgious windows! Something I've always wanted! And all the birds, and pillows! I could go on and on!
xoxo
Marilyn

Lisa said...

I think it always looks great! But I know you enjoy changing it!
Hugs, Lisa

Tammy/Yesterday's Cottage said...

Hi Donna -
LOVE all your cottage white and especially those lamps with the roses! I couldn't have passed those up either!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

It doesn't matter where you put your treasures, it all ends up looking great! laurie

A New England Life said...

I'm with Claudie, 33 lbs. is fantastic! Good for you!

Your house is just so sweet. I love it! It's hard to know what to do in these split level homes of ours but I think you've conquered it.

Happy Halloween Donna!