Monday, December 7, 2009

Cottage Christmas sheep....

...the ox and lamb kept time, pa-rum-pum-pum-pum...


My good friend, Jill, who lives in Ohio, sent me this beautiful little sheep several years ago, and he is now a beloved part of my Christmas decor...


This year I thought he'd enjoy being part of my vintage birdcage display (last year the pink glittered reindeer lived in the cage, then known as the vintage reindeer barn!)


I went all out for this sweet little lamb, hanging a sparkly silver NEST banner on the front of his cage (it usually hangs on the fireplace, but was moved to make way for the stockings and mantel decorations)...


...and I put one of my favorite flocked bottlebrush trees into his cage.


He even has a sparkly bird to sing him Christmas carols...


I think he looks very happy in his vintage cage... maybe even a hint of a smile?


The outside of the cage even got decorated this year....


I picked up these dangly ornaments, discounted by 75%, at AC Moore this past January.


At the time, I wasn't sure where I would use them, but 75% off was too good to pass up! And this year, when I started decorating the cage, it seemed like a good place to hang them.


Cottage sheep says he's really enjoying his sparkly holiday home, and he hopes the reindeer never want to move back in! (They're enjoying their place of honor in the dining room. Pictures to come soon.)


But now it's time to go to sleep... Goodnight little sparkly bird... Goodnight sweet little lamb... See you in the morning... (and thank you, Jill!)



Wishing all of you sweet and sparkly dreams!



Now you must go visit the lovely Cielo at The House In The Roses to see her "Show Off Your Cottage Monday" post, and to find a list of all others who are participating this week!!!
Happy Cottage Monday!!!






Donna

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty. I love the bling on the cage, and the sign. How creative. Yes, I think Mr. Lamb is very happy now. Rosie

Unknown said...

I loved seeing all your pretty things! Good to know that everyone is happy! Warm hugs, Esther

Anonymous said...

That sheep is sooo cute!! Are you going to enter my door contest? Hurry and send me your photo.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Lenore said...

Your sheep are darling...great photos...Love the 75% off ornaments, they feel perfect where you placed them

Elaine said...

Aw, sweet little lamb. Love the cage too and the bling.

You can't go wrong with AC Moores.

Very pretty decorations.

Did you love the weekend's snow? It looks gorgeous!

Mary said...

I love the way you displayed this sweet little lamb in the birdcage, with the Christmas tree and birdies...so sweet! Love your header photo...if that's your house, its gorgeous!!!

God bless,
Mary

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Donna; I just love what you did with the bird cage,, it is so beautiful.. how at home your sweet sheep looks... thank you for sharing it with us... have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

GwendolynKay said...

Donna,
Your bird cage is quite enchanting. I do believe your sheep is very happy in there, I would be if I were him. Blessings!
Gwen

La Petite Gallery said...

Very nice I just started this bloging and trying to get some followers Fun post.
merry Christmas

CIELO said...

So pretty.... and I love love your blog banner; it speaks of cozyness and warmth and everything homey.... just lovely!

Sending you hugs

cielo

Jill said...

awwww......I knew he was going to the best home ever!

Brenda Pruitt said...

This precious fella would be a part of my decor year round! You sure do special things with a bird cage. I saw one at a decorating mall the other day, and passed it up. I'd better try and remember where it was and high tail it back there. Yours is very special!
Brenda

Dolly said...

just found your blog, LOVE your tree, I thought I had a lot of decorations but you have about twice as many!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oooo that sheep is just precious! Love it all!
Merry Christmas to you!
bunny hugs,
shell

L u l ΓΌ said...

It's a great job, unbelievable!

I like your blog!, CONGRATULATIONS!

Demi

http://www.perrifamilia.blogspot.com/