Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Brrrrrr = crock pot time

It is starting to get CHILLY here in New England! The proof is that I dug out my crock pot, which only seems to get used in the fall and winter months for some reason.


One large whole chicken plus a bag of baby yukon golds = YUMMY!!! We had steamed cauliflower and a tossed salad to finish things off.
Pour one entire bottle of BBQ sauce into the crockpot and toss in the washed bird (with the innards removed). I meant to cook it on low all day but because I got off to a late start I cooked it on high for about 4 hours (it was a good sized chicken) and then flipped it over, tossed in the potatoes and let it go for about another 2 hours on low. It was fall-off-the-bone perfect!
Donna

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good golly this looks great. I bet it ate good too. Tammy

Unknown said...

Yummo! That looks so good and I just ate! LOL

Susan said...

Mmmmmmm. Sounds and looks good, Donna. Susan

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

I love crock pot recipes!! This one sound nice and easy...just my speed. I'm going to give this a try early next week. Thank you for sharing it!!!
Patricia :o)

Southern Lady said...

Looks yummy! Carla

miruku said...

It looks very yummy indeed! yum yum!!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

That looks and sounds so good.... I have to go find me something to eat:)

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

We are still in the 80's here in Southeast Texas...but I keep hearing that is getting cooler in some parts of the North.
This is fuuny, I have not used a Crock Pot in years, since my children have all left home..and we retired...but just today, I was looking at a CROCK POT COOK BOOK...and thought that it might be a nice idea to get a small one for our coming winter months.

GREAT MINDS.

Your dinner sounded and looked wonderful.


Rose

Lori Lynn said...

~drooling~

home made gorgeous said...

This looks yummy! :) Sarah

Unknown said...

It looks delicious! I have just got my slow cooker out too!

Susan Freeman said...

You have just inspired me to heat up the crock pot too. Your meal looks delish!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Dogwood said...

looks and sounds so yummy for a chilly evening. we are getting some fall here in CA but it has been slow to come. enjoy your fall days!

Heaven's Walk said...

Our crockpot has been working overtime over here, too! I really enjoy making "stoups" and chili - and it makes the house smell so good!

So.....when's dinner?? :)

xoxo laurie