Sunday, October 10, 2010

Someone's nose is out of joint...

Since yesterday, there's been some tweaking going on in the family room....


... and someone is none too happy about it. She won't even throw a glance in my direction.


See what I mean? Just look at her back there. It all started with this lampshade, which is now being used on a floor lamp next to the sofa. Up until yesterday it had been a spare lampshade, but oh-what-a-lampshade! Much too pretty to be hidden away in a closet until needed.


So with its cream-on-cream pattern and dangling prisms, it became Patience's favorite 'hat.'


Last year she even got festive and topped it off with a fabric pumpkin for the fall season. But with yesterday's tweaking, I wound up with an extra lamp in the family room... one that needed a shade. That left Patience rather bare on top.


So I searched through my stash and found this adorable pink fedora for her. I even spruced it up with a little autumn flower, but she is having none of it...


Come on, Patience. You can't give me the silent treatment forever...
In my next post I'll show some of the family room tweaking that put Patience's nose out of joint!
Donna

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love it!!! SHe'll get over it and then realize how beautiful she truly is. Hugs. Tammy

Susan said...

Hi Donna...I love the lampshade and Patience, too! Oh, she is very pretty. Where did you get her? Hope you are having a great Sunday. I sat out in the sunshine and it was wonderful. Susan

Catsngrams said...

I love patience's hat. She is so charming.

Claudia said...

oh, but Patience looks lovely in anything and her new hat is very pretty!

xo
Claudia

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna! I'm so sorry you've gotten yourself on the wrong side of Patience! She does look lovely with that cute pink hat on though. Maybe if you gave her a mirror and let her see how pretty she looks she'd forgive you! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Hopefully she'll realize how FABULOUS she looks soon! Looking good at your casa this week! Happy Fall!

La Petite Gallery said...

I'll say this you have a sence of humor. I cracked up at this post.

yvonne

Heaven's Walk said...

Humph!!!! She ought to be glad that you didn't put a bag over her head with THAT attitude!

hehehe!

xoxo laurie