Monday, October 18, 2010

Frost is on the pumpkin...

Well, not quite, but it won't be long because the nights are getting mighty cold.


The windowboxes now sport gourds and (faux) fall leaves rather than summer blooms...


... and asters and pumpkins have joined the welcome bunnies on the front stoop.


Little Garden Gnome is clearly thrilled with the change in weather (Of course he is. He's holding a candy cane. He'll even be happy when it's 20 below).


The cherubs around the bird bath are giving thanks for this bountiful season...


...while more (faux) fall leaves have replaced summer's flowers...


Mr. Scarecrow and his trusty owl stand tall, ready to greet all the little trick-or-treaters come Halloween night.


Bring them on... I do believe this little cottage is ready!

Hope your holiday preparations are right on schedule!
Donna

6 comments:

miruku said...

I feel like time has stopped looking at your pics. Did you make that Mr Scarecrow? Very cute! And i always like the window frame on the fence (where's the chip?). Happy Monday.

Claudia said...

Your garden is looking perfectly autumn-ish! If only we could stay in Autumn and then move directly to Spring.

Sounds like a good idea to me!

xoxo
Claudia

Anonymous said...

IT's really been getting down there this year for us in the midwest. I was really surprised I had my heat on before November 1 but I did. I'm looking forward to it all thought so I won't complain. Hugs. Tammy

Jean Tuthill said...

Your fall decorating is great. I love the scarecrow and your little gnome is so cute. I've done some, but I feel like I need to do more. I need to set up my graveyard still. I loved your tour of Portsmouth, I must go there sometime. I love how the whole town is decorated, so cute.

Dogwood said...

looking pretty fallish. love your windowbox. i have always loved window boxes and next summer i am determined to have some!

enjoy the changing of the season.

La Petite Gallery said...

I wish ew had another month of
the beautiful fall days. Cute post.
All the houses here are decotated with pumpkins and flowers.

yvonne