Saturday, January 10, 2009

"P" is for Pink Pillows....

Pink is a predominant color in our family room...


... especially in the various throw pillows on the windowseat and chairs.



The windowseat is full of soft and comfy pink flowered pillows ...



Some are made from vintage chenille and some from vintage hankies...



I love the pink chenille rose in the center of this fringed pillow...


This happens to be the chenille throw I'm using on the wing chair right now. I used a pink flowered pillow sham to cover the loose cushion on the chair back.


I picked it up a couple of years ago in a clearance bin at TJ Maxx. I think it was originally intended for a little girl's room. I actually purchase many pieces from the "little girl" departments because there is an abundance of pink and flowers (two of my favorite things!)


And speaking of flowers, since I don't know how much longer my pink poinsettia is going to last (see how the leaves are turning brown?), I thought I'd share a picture of it before it's gone for good. I think this is one of the prettiest pink poinsettias I've ever had... It's a small one, but the pink color was out of this world!!
To see more pink - LOTS more pink - visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for her pink post and to find a list of all the other bloggers who are participating in PINK SATURDAY!!!
COMMENT UPDATE: Thank you all for the kind comments on the chenille and hankie pillows. I wish I could take credit for these beautiful creations, but they were all 'handmade' purchases from eBay several years ago when I started decorating in light cottage colors. I'm so sorry that my wording led some to believe that I had created them myself - I only wish I was that creative in the sewing department!!
Donna

27 comments:

Bella Della said...

Your family room is beautiful. I love all the vintage chenille.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pink goodies! You have a lovely, cozy home.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Love, love, love those chenille and handkerchief pillows! You are such a creative person. I love coming to see your home. laurie

SmilingSally said...

That is a particularly beautiful color. Happy Pink Saturday.

Unknown said...

Oh I just LOVE Chenille pillows...you have beautiful ones!
Happy PINK...Lorena

Glennis said...

How pretty. The chenille pillows look so soft and cozy. What a wonderful room to relax in.

Have a great pink Saturday - doing just that!!!

Kathleen said...

Your home is so warm and inviting. I love chenille, but all the pillows are lovely. I love the pink and the white pointsettias. Your's is beautiful. I am usually lucky if mine even make it to New Year's Day. LOL. Hope you are having a warm and snowless week-end! Hugs, Kathleen

Monkeybean said...

Hello,
I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for wishing me a happy birthday. I love your windows by the way and the pillows really are wayyy too cute!
Have a great weekend,
Amber~

Anonymous said...

I'll say again Donna. I LOVE chenille and the way you change your settings just like me.
Happy PS
Love
Claudie
xo

Nicole ~ said...

Your family room looks so warm and inviting. It looks like a great place to relax. Your pink poinsettia is really pretty. I do not think I have ever seen one in that shade of pink before. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, I love that rabbit you have on your header, it is so cute.

Nicole ~

~*~Patty S said...

Your window seat and cushy chair look SO inviting....makes me want to curl up with a good book and enjoy all the pink pretties!
*Happy Pink Saturday*

Anonymous said...

I love your chenille. I had a chenille bedspread when I was little....I just loved to pull the little "nubs". My mother wasn't pleased!!!!!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Virginia said...

Very beautiful!!!

Have a Blessed and Happy weekend,
Virginia, :)

Anonymous said...

I love this linen Donna. I have a passion for chenille. Those beautiful pillows with flowers take me back to Grandma's house. You have a beautiful home and you are the perfect caretaker. You know when something is important. Thanks for having a beautiful home and blog.
Mary Ellen

Sondra Behne' said...

i just started collecting old vintage chenille bedspreads to use just for that..redoing pieces of funiture and making pillows. I always remember them on our bed when I was a wee little one.

tam said...

My daughter Amber say's "Mom you just have to check these way cute pillows out-I want you to make some for me!" Oh now see what you started! LoL! They are pretty darn cute though-I do adore them as well! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
~Tam :D

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Donna.

You better keep your eye on that chenille oblong pillow if I am ever at your house. I love, love, love it. ;-)

Connie said...

Been passing kidney stones and just getting around to posting after a couple of weeks, chick, and see you're doing exactly as I'm doing. I threw a quilt over my chair and added a pillow and just love that look. You're so talented, honey. Beautiful!!
Smooches,
Connie

Belinda said...

What a beautiful room! And I love all of the vintage chenille. There is just something about it that I can't resist. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love chenille and yours is gorgeous. Happy belated Pink Saturday and have a lovely week.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Pink Saturday!


Great work on these pillows!


~ Gabriela ~

Lori Lynn said...

Love the pillows!! Happy PS!

said...

Donna, everything looks so comfortable and cozy, not to mention beautiful!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your pillows are wonderful. Great find! Hope your weekend was wonderful!

Jean Tuthill said...

Hi Donna, I love all your pillows, especially the chenille ones. I grew up with chenille bathrobes and my favorite one was a dark pink, long to the floor, and I remember picking some of the threads out and making my name in it. I thought it was so cool to do that! It was so warm. Your pillows reminded me of that. Thanks for stopping by to visit me.

w00ts up said...

I love your window seat. I bet you've enjoyed many books seated there. Plus you have a great view of outside.

Chelsea Van Tol said...

wow I love this blog! your photos are great - i especially love the fireplace makeover