Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Simple pleasures... Lemonade award... and Tag...

I feel like I've been gone forever! Between dentist, doctor, and vet visits, it's been hectic around here. But I did get a chance to pop into TJ Maxx today to pick up my favorite foaming hand soap. I wish there was a way to send scents and aromas through the Internet because these smell sooooooo good!


I'm going to use Pineapple Violet in the kitchen and Mandarin in the bathroom... Simple 'sweet-scented' pleasures.....

Lemonade award!!!

I received this Lemonade Award from Renee at Cottage Lifestyle and from Tracey at At Home on the Ridge... Wow, thank you both so much! Please be sure to pop over to Renee's and Tracey's blogs... You will definitely enjoy your visit!




What this award is about... Bloggers who show great attitude and gratitude. (Thank you again, Renee and Tracey!!!)

What you have to do...Upon receiving The Lemonade Award, you also pass it on to other bloggers who you think show great attitude and gratitude.Here are the rules:

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 8 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award

I'd like to extend this award to the list of bloggers who appear in my sidebar. It's always such a pleasure to visit you, to read about what's going on in your lives, and to 'ooh' and 'aaaah' over the photographs you share on your blogs... Thank you all so much!

Tag - I'm it!!!!

Stephanie at Lulu's Cottage and Jean at A Romantic Country Home have tagged me to play a little game....


I need to share 7 or 8 random or weird facts about myself... Be sure to visit their blogs to see the weird/random facts they shared!!! Okay, here goes...



1) I'm a white-knuckled flyer. I've flown quite a bit in my life, but I've never gotten comfortable with it (and I doubt I ever will).
2) On the other hand, I love driving. And ever since Delilah joined the family (our Garmin GPS unit), there's no fear of getting lost... Just give me the open roads! (Delilah was named after the Plain White T's song that was a mega-hit during the spring/summer that we bought our GPS.)
3) I am a worrier. I worry about everything. All it leads to is stress and grey hairs, so I try not to worry, but unfortunately it comes naturally.. (Not worrying is so much easier said than done)...
4) I feel like a caged tiger when winter arrives because I miss being outside so much. It gets really cold here in New England and I'm afraid I'm not much of a snow lover... I admire its beauty, but I don't like being outside in it... (So right about now, I'm anxiously awaiting spring!)
5) My favorite snack is popcorn (buttered, unfortunately); my favorite types of movies are romantic comedies, and my favorite type of books are mysteries...
6) I am really torn about painting the woodwork around the windows in our dining room and living room. I absolutely love the look of white painted wood, so I don't know what is holding me back... Will that be a 2009 project? The jury is still out...
7) I've had three distinct home decorating styles over the years -1) modern/contemporary with lots of black leather sofas, chrome/glass tables, and arc lamps ; 2) primitive with dark stained furniture, sturbridge plaid sofas, wing chairs, braided rugs and stenciled walls; and 3) my shabby/cottage style... Will there ever be a 4th? I'd have to say, "Never say never!" (But seriously, right now I can't even imagine what I would ever switch to... other than maybe introducing some brighter colors into our white-on-white color scheme!!)
8) I love McDonald's iced coffee (Newman's Own) - even in sub-zero New England temps! (Yes, it's that good!)
I know I'm supposed to tag some other blogs, but I'd like to open this up to anyone who would like to participate! It will be fun reading everyone else's random/weird facts!!
Donna
(who is waiting to see how much snow today's storm is going to dump on us!)

14 comments:

tam said...

Hi Donna!
Those hand soaps sound yummy! Congrats on your awards and tag! LoL! I love the graphics for the tagged thingy-soo cute! I was also tagged but still need to post that one-Gosh I am so behind! And lastly your random things were fun to read and learn more about you. I too hate to fly!!! If I am going to be traveling I prefer to be able to open a door and touch the ground!!! I am also a big time worrier-so I can relate girl! Anyhow...Have a wonderful Wednesday!~Smiles~Tam!

desertsandbeyond said...

Oooohhhh....I, too, LOVE the soaps at TJ Maxx! I found a real nice fig one (foaming) and bought it recently. You wouldn't think fig would be a nice smell, but it is!

Tracey said...

What a great post.. I love the game and to find out more.. I have to say.. I am not a winter lover either... I want a beach.. a drink with an umbrella, and a good book on a beach and I'd be very happy...Stay safe in he upcoming storm,,it's due to it us today as well..

Lisa said...

DON'T YA JUST LOVE T.J.'S HUGS FROM MAINE http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Kathleen said...

Hi Donna, love foaming soap. I usually buy mine at Bath & Body Works. I din't know T J Maxx had these exotic scents. I will be checking that out next time I drive to Bangor. Is it snowing there yet? Hear we have a big storm coming today. Stay warm and safe..hugs, Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Donna,

Congrats on the award. In all honesty,
if anyone deserved this award, it's you.
You are very gracious, and encouraging. A delightful soul.
Enjoy your Lemonade, you should have
one every day!!

Shirley said...

Thanks so much for the adorable award! It's always so nice to receive them. I've passed it on to some of my favorites.

I'm going to TJ Maxx to try these soaps. The fragrances sound scrumptious.

A New England Life said...

Morning Donna,

Welcome back! I too love those hand soaps and have one at every sink in the house. Every time I go to TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Home Goods I look for more. It's like an addiction!

Congrats on your awards! You certainly deserve them : )

I can relate to so many things in your Tag!

If there's one bit of advice I can give it would be to definitely paint the woodwork white! I painted all the dark woodwork in my house years ago. I also just worked in a 70's style split level this past week where again my mom and I painted ALL the dark woodwork white. What an incredible difference it makes! The owners were very impressed. It would look especially nice with your Shabby style : )

Just make sure to sand it well and put two coats of Zinser Bin (cleans up with ammonia) on before you put the two finished coats on. The Bin dries in a matter of minutes so you can put two coats on in a very short period of time. Need any advice just email me.

Gotta try that Newmans!

Sharon

Pink Slippers said...

Cute shares about yourself. Congratulations on your award.

Anonymous said...

I really think I COULD smell those amazing foaming soaps. Here let me sniff again......(sniffing)......yep, I could definitely smell the Pineappley one! Good choices! :)
I loved reading your random thoughts--I'm a white knuckle flier, too. That's why I always enjoy a little cocktail while in air--takes the edge off a bit! :) Loved the name you gave to your GPS! I was shocked to learn you once loved MODERN decorating! See, we find out such good stuff in these posts! I think you SHOULD paint that w.work white! Yes, indeed. Finally, I HATE snow, too!
Hope you're having a warm and cozy day!

Dana

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Donna; I love the foaming soaps they are the best. I wish I could smell yours, they sound so great.
And Congratulations on the award.
Loved reading your seven things tag great answers.

Hugs;
Alaura

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I loved learning more about you. My favorite snack is popcorn as well.. I make a bunch of it daily.. I had to go back and look at your darling throw.. and your sweet kitty.. hugs ~lynne~

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I loved learning more about you. My favorite snack is popcorn as well.. I make a bunch of it daily.. I had to go back and look at your darling throw.. and your sweet kitty.. hugs ~lynne~

Nola said...

The soap looks fabulous; I can't even imagine what pineapple Violet smells like. I am a scentaholic; I love anything scented, from plants, to soaps, to candles, well you get the picture.