Saturday, April 26, 2008

Day Tripping on a Beautiful Saturday

When I left the house today, I spotted this little mourning dove perched on the corner fence post in our yard. Since a good friend and I were just talking about 'birds on posts' yesterday, I had to snap this picture for her!

Then it was off to the Cape for a quick day trip... Isn't this shop adorable? It's called Armchair Cottage and I took this photo when I was on the Cape earlier this month...

Remember this beautiful home that I stayed at on my last trip to the Cape? Here's a peek inside... isn't it lovely??

When it was time to leave, I hated to say goodbye to this little girl. Doesn't she look sad to see us go? Don't worry baby. We'll be back soon for another visit...

Donna

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is what it should look like. That must be what my not so real birds are!
Thank you Donna!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Oh that little dog does look sad to see you go. She must have fallen in love with you.

What a darling shop. Wish I could stop by there but it would be a pretty long drive all the way from CA.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Donna! I love mourning doves, they are so gentle as they stroll around. There are always a pair of doves at my mom's house and she says the couple always stays together. Looks like you had a great day!
Hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

I just love doves they are such sweet birds.... oh by the way... stop by I have an award for you...
Hugs
Linda

Anonymous said...

I just love Doves they are such sweet birds.... I have an award for you
HUgs
Linda

Cindy said...

I have so many doves around my home lately! I love to hear them cooing! I didn't even realize you live in New England until this post! I so jealous! I LOVE New England! Although I think I like the weather better in California! If I could find a place that looks like New England but with California weather I would move there in an instant!