Thursday, April 24, 2008

The sweetest little cottage bird lamp...


"Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings." Hodding Carter


Isn't this the sweetest little lamp? My girls, who know how much I love to decorate with little white birds, gave it to me this past Christmas. I love that it has 3 birds because I think of myself as the mama bird and they are my two baby birds... I found this soft green chenille lampshade at Target (I just love that place!)...

I'm always moving things around, but right now I have the lamp sitting on top of the pie safe in the living room (next to a photo of my two beautiful girls, who know their mom so very well!! [sigh....] I don't know where the years have gone... Wasn't it just yesterday that they were my little ones?.....)

Update: I've had several people ask where this lamp was purchased. It was Urban Outfitters. Click here for the source.

And click here to see my newest 'bluebird of happiness' table lamp and source.

Donna

10 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Oh Donna I LOVE your lamp and the story that goes with it! How absolutely sweet!! Isn't wonderful when our children know us that well? My sons are 30 and 26 and I have no idea where the time has gone. My youngest granddaughter is 1 and looks just like her daddy (26yr old) and I cherish ever moment with her, it's like going back in time and seeing him again as a baby! Life is sweet!
Hugs, Sherry

cargol said...

The lamp is adorable, how sweet that your daughters know exactly what you like. Makes the lamp even more special!

NnN said...

Oh, what a sweet lamp AND story! :) (I have that shade too! But the lamp base isn't as charming as yours! )

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
That is such a sweet lamp. Kids grow up so fast. My baby is almost 20 and I can't even believe it.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Donna

That is such a lovely lamp and such a sweet sentiment to go along with it. Yes, my kids are adults and on their own ... way too quickly have the years gone by, but hopefully more happy things will be in the future for us all.

Hugs, Pat

Cindy said...

I love that lamp! The shade on it is perfect!

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh ... that is the cutest lamp and shade EVER.... and that you darling daughters gave it to you... you are right it was just yesterday.... and now my baby is 31... holy moly....
HUgs
Linda

{oc cottage} said...

It's darling.....LOVE the shade!

M

Dorothy said...

Just happen to stumble in to your little enchanted cottage Donna..very sweet...love your lamp and took a peek at your other post...Looks like we're all loving that "shabby chic" look...Rachel Ashwell has us all hooked...Best wishes...Dee Dee

Janet said...

Love that lamp, and the shade too. Doesn't Target have the best stuff? I am surprised I have not been "here" before, we seem to travel in the same circles. I'll be back later to check out some of your older posts and try to figure out how close we live to each other. I may need to know where the MA/NH antique shops are.

Janet