Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Garden Surprise...

One day last week I came home to a most curious sight. When I walked through the back gate, the yard was a carpet of pink blossoms...


I've been aware of all the courting, cooing, and wooing that's been going on around here as of late, so I must admit, I wasn't very surprised to see such a romantic setting.

There was a sea of flower petals in the bath....


...And I even caught this little fellow dropping petals, one by one, into another bath, but he stopped as soon as he spotted me...


There were even petals leading straight to the honeymoon cottage! (The newlyweds must love "It's a Wonderful Life" because this little place looks about as run down as the Bailey Honeymoon Cottage!)....


....although it did have its own private jacuzzi!


I turned around just in time to see her coming down the garden path... The bride was absolutely glowing!

(photo courtesy of Sugar Bush Squirrel)

And I ask you.. have you ever see a more handsome groom? So bright eyed and bushy tailed! And just look at the size of that ring he got for her!

(photo courtesy of photoshoppix)

I was able to watch as the bride and groom exchanged vows in front of the chapel window. There wasn't a dry eye in the house...

Now if they had only given me a bit of notice, I would have ordered this BEAUTIFUL butterfly and rose cake made by the very talented Joanne at My Little Cottage in the Making! It's just perfect for a garden wedding - and it's all my favorite colors!!!

Don't you just love spring weddings??

Donna

Update - Okay, my two daughters (ages 19 and 22) just read this blog post and the three of us are sitting here laughing hysterically, although they are laughing at me rather than my squirrel wedding post... They are convinced I'm walking a dangerously thin line between being hilarious and being just plain "nuts" (pun intended)! LOL And they may be right!!!

16 comments:

{oc cottage} said...

Amazingly gorgeous & hilarious!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

M ^..^

Joanne Kennedy said...

OMG! I am laughing too. I was thinking what a pretty site your garden was and what a romantic you are. Then the "Bride" popped up and the "Groom" and I was cracking up.

Oh and that cake would have been sent to you completely free of charge if you had called ahead of time. LOL

Love this post! I think it's the best I've read since I've been in blog land.

Hugs,
Joanne

Attic Clutter said...

LOVE IT ~!!! That is a darling POST ..not ''nutso mom'' just very creative and romantic(:)
fun fun..
Glad you like my Baby Carter and my post ...Hope you have a wonderful weekend too ~~!!
thanks for coming over Donna..
Hugs Patty

Sometimes It's Good said...

Totally beautiful garden! The groom must have saved alot of nuts to pay for that bling! Happy wedding day!

Anonymous said...

How adorably cute and funny! It is beautiful and romantic. I'm sure the bride a groom will chatter of it for years to come!
Thanks for sharing.
Debbie from homewithhospitality@yahoo.com

Heather said...

OMG! This is the funniest thing! I am laughing so hard I have tears running down my face!
What a beautiful yard!
Have a great day!
-Heather :)
Hopscotch & Hydrangeas

Nerm said...

Your garden looks like a fairyland so why are your daughters surprised to see a squirrel wedding? I'll bet there were other creatures lurking about. They sound like my girls who just don't have the 'gift' I do to see things a little differently. Love your blog. Nerm

Michele said...

Even if it is nuts, I LOVE it!!! Maybe I'm a little nuts, too?! Hee Hee! I love the beautiful photographs of your yard with allt he pink, but those squirrels are to die for! So super cute! I love this post, and it was just what I needed to bring a smile to my face today! Great job!

Michele
luvkittysmeowmail@gmail.com

Life on the Edge said...

How cute and funny! Those pink flower petals really are beautiful! Only you could come up with such a scenario! You should save this and add to it someday to make a little book for future grandchildren! I am sure they would love it.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Donna that is just adorable! What a creative mind you have!! I think it would make a cute children's story. No kidding, there could money to be made here... and that's no laughing matter!
Hugs, Sherry
LOL

maggie said...

This is cracking me up but what a beautiful garden. And my 22 and 23 year old daughters think I'm walking the edge, too. But I say you have to have a good sense of humour to survive all life throws at you.

G said...

What a beautiful garden! I LOVE the squirrel wedding. We had a little family of chipmunks in our backyard and I often imagined them being in their cozy little home having tea together - a little "Brambly Hedge" in my own yard.

COLLS GARDEN said...

Hi Donna, what a pretty & interesting blog. And if you're nuts, then it's not a bad way to be, I loved it. Love the shot of "The Fonz". What a nice man he looks. Pop over for a visit sometime.
Hugs, Coll :-}

Unknown said...

I think this is so cute, lol!!!!

I LOVE all the petals everywhere :)

Amy

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

So cute and don't worry, my kids KNOW I am nutz.....they just shake their heads....that's okay...payback someday!

J said...

OMGoodness! I was about to skip over this one, thinking it would be "kinda boring" - but what a privilege to walk in unexpectedly on that blissful event! Darling!