Thursday, May 8, 2008

Outdoor Dining ... Finally!

"Make [food] simple and let things taste of what they are."
Maurice Edmond Sailland, French writer (1872-1956)

Oh happy days!! Our summertime ritual of eating supper out on the deck each evening has begun. Simple foods and unhurried meals... being serenaded by the various songbirds that visit our yard or being entertained by the antics of the squirrels and chipmunks... It truly does not get any better than this! (And look how nice the potato salad looks in that $2 glass bowl I picked up last week! Gotta love a bargain!)

Donna

9 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Donna,

That dinner looks yummy! Love eating outside. It's almost like a mini vacation.

That bowl does look beautiful.
Joanne

Rosie's Whimsy said...

It is so wonderful to be outside again!

Your wonderful bowls of food look good enough to eat....wink, wink!

:-) Rosie

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
I couldn't agree more. I can't wait to do that. Hopefully it will get warm enough very soon to do that. We had a few warm ones but today is kinda chilly. Have a great day Donna.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

cargol said...

Looks delicious, when is dinner?

Cindy said...

That looks so good! I can tell your potato salad is awesome just by looking at it! I think I better go eat breakfast...I'm suddenly starving!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Donna,

Would time should I come for dinner? It looks delicious!

I'm all for eating al fresco - enjoy ;)

~Tracie

Anonymous said...

Oh yes the lovely days of summer.... looks so inviting...
HUgs
Linda

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love to eat "al fresco" too, Londa! Yummy looking potato salad in your pretty bowl.

{oc cottage} said...

Now THAT is food! Yummy!


M