Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Still searching....

The search is still on for that certain "something" I'm trying to find and last week the hunt led me to Wayside Antiques in Marlboro, MA. Unfortunately, I didn't find what I was looking for, although I sure liked this stained glass window with the robin's egg blue and peachy pink accents!

Next door to Wayside Antiques is the Country Store and the old fashioned Candy Store. There are two benches out front - the left bench is marked REPUBLICANS and the right bench is marked DEMOCRATS. No heated debates going on that day - it was too cold for anyone to be sitting outside!

There's a beautiful gazebo built on the pond next to buildings...

... and there are always ducks, geese, and swans waiting to be fed. (You really need to watch where you're walking in the parking lot :)

Even though I didn't find "the" item, I did pick up a sham and bowl on my travels last week. The little pillow sham was $1 - it has a sweet pleated ruffle around the edge. The pattern is a soft pink floral and it's faded to cottage perfection. And for $2, I couldn't resist this little bowl. I love using glass bowls on the table for serving salads, side dishes, and desserts.

Thank goodness it has warmed up since I took these photos last week. The cold, damp weather has been replaced by sunny skies and temps in the mid 70's... perfect days!!

Donna

4 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Well you may not have found "the" item you were hunting for but you sure found two darling items.

Joanne

Cathy said...

Donna, I live in MA too. Where are you from?

I'm in Wilmington.... I would love to chat with you.

xoxo
Cath

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Marlboro looks like such a pretty town! I love New England and wish I could spend more time there.

Nice finds in the antique store! That bowl looks like good crystal.

Hugs, Pat

Rue said...

Good morning Donna :)

Those benches crack me up ;)

Cute finds!

hugs,
rue