Thursday, May 1, 2008

Where have the years gone?

My oldest girl is graduating from college this month, but wasn't it just yesterday that she and her sister graduated from high school? And wasn't it just the day before that that they graduated from preschool?

Maybe it's the upcoming graduation, or maybe it was reading Pat's Golden Books blog post today; but whatever the reason, I've found myself reminiscing quite a bit...

So I pulled out the "Life 101" books that I made for each of my girls when they graduated from high school, and took a trip down memory lane...

The "Life 101" books are basically computerized scrapbooks - not as cute, clever, or colorful as a real scrapbook, but full of photos, memories, and some good quotes nonetheless!

I have to say that out of all the gifts that my girls received when they graduated, the presents that meant the most to them were the Life 101 books that I made up for each of them and the "Memories" folder that their dad made up for them, full of all the funny, sweet, special, comical, and, yes, embarrassing moments and memories unique to each girl.

It was so much fun looking back on so many fun times, like the one pictured above! I remember snapping that picture (again, wasn't it just yesterday??)...







So there you have it, a little trip down memory lane (sigh...)... They grow up so quickly, don't they?
Donna

7 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Oh Donna! I know how you feel! My boys were just wee sprouts yesterday and now they're 30 and 26! I tell everyone to enjoy every moment because with them because you turn around and they're all grown up. Very sweet post Donna!
Big Hugs, Sherry

Sometimes It's Good said...

Hi, Donna:

Today is my daughter Caren's birthday and she's 29! Wow, those 29 years went by fast. Every year seems to fly by. She's with her fiance today fixing up the little guest house she's moving into. Tomorrow is my birthday and we're going out to dinner to celebrate our birthdays together.

Hugs to you!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Donna, those are the sweetest books I've ever seen! What a wonderful idea! I'm sure they will always be treasured by your lovely daughters and their future families,

My "kids" are 26 and 29 --- and in my heart they are still babies :-)
The years do go by so fast, but the future holds its own reward.

Love, Pat

cargol said...

Oh, I bet your daughters simply love their Lifebooks! What a great idea from Mom. Your daughters are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

They do indeed.... my baby will be 31 this month.... what i wouldn't give to hold that little toddler again....I am sighing with you
LInda

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

This is a beautiful post.

Where does all the time go? I remember standing in the kindergarten line next to my daughter like it was yesterday... 12 years ago now...

~Tracie

Rue said...

Good morning Donna :)

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation!

I know how you feel though. It's so wonderful that they grow up to be adults, but it's so hard not to have them little and crawling in our laps.

Where does the time go?

hugs,
rue