Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Enchanted Cottage

I love those words - Enchanted Cottage. The word cottage itself sounds so cozy. No wonder even those of us living in ranches, splits, or capes refer to our homes as cottages.

I remember in the summer of '65, my parents rented a cottage near the ocean on the Mass/NH line. What a magical time and place that was. Perhaps that's when I fell in love with the word cottage...

Or maybe it's because one of my mom's favorite movies was The Enchanted Cottage. My mother, very much a romantic, loved the story of the two lead characters. Without giving anything away, the imdb synopsis reads: Two scarred people are transformed by love while living in a very special cottage.

If you are into the old b&w films of the 40's and 50's, you owe it to yourself to rent it. If you can't find a rental, you can easily locate one to purchase on the Internet. I bought my VHS copy on eBay years ago. They can still be found there. And there are even new DVD releases of this movie that are quite a bit cheaper than the old VHS versions. Enjoy!

Donna

2 comments:

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

Thank you for the information about the Enchanted Cottage, Donna. (I love the word "enchanted"!)
I'm a romantic also. I would probably enjoy your mother's favorite movie.

Have an enchanted day,
Deborah

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

Donna, after reading through your blog, I would love to add you to my friends - if you don't mind.
I'll be back!

Hugs,
Deborah