Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Opposites can attract!




Initially, I wasn't sure if I liked these two pieces paired together... On the one hand you have a vintage, ornate mirror; on the other, the straight, modern lines of a new CD case. However, after painting both pieces creamy white, and purchasing this beautiful robin's egg blue/peachy-pink scarf (from Annie's Attic on ETSY) for the top of the CD case, this pair has kind of grown on me. And my little "button nesting" bird and 1930 photo of my mom seem to be quite happy there... So although these two pieces are as different as night and day, I think it might just be a match made in heaven...
Donna

3 comments:

Rue said...

It's amazing what a little paint can do, isn't it? You did a great job :)

Rue

Domestic Diva said...

Wow - it looks fantastic. I would have never paired them together either - but once you have the paint on it and the accessories they look like they were made for each other! What a great job!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Donna ~ I just love your blog !! I am going to add you to my favorites !
That is a gorgeous gorgeous mirror !
xoxo,
Lori